Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #11
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Gentle but VERY strong natural Deodorant and Diaper Rash Treatments ready to ship

Divali, thanks for your interest. I used Certain Dri in college, not that it helped with the smell at all.... I think it leaves you smellier than deodorants do, since it is such a strong anti-perspirant that it traps the nasties in the pores. But, yeah, when you are sweating through all your shirts just sitting there it is one hot mess. The actual costs of making and mailing one of these is $10 *assuming* I make no mistakes with the batch and not counting all the money and time spent on trial batches, basic measuring and mixing supplies, et. al. So it is kind of a labor of love. I hope you can try them soon .

Advertisement

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 06-11-2013 at 08:41 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #12
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Gentle but STRONG natural Deodorant (TRIAL size too!) and Diaper Rash Treatments

Hot off the stove; I just made some more!

Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
Old 06-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #13
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I keep meaning to leave feedback but haven't gotten a chance yet. So I will let you all know here. The sage sweat stick is awesome!!! I also nurse my 13 month old and have had no drop in supply. I'm so impressed that I keep having my 7 year old and husband smell me to make sure I'm not imagining it :-) I normally have to use secret clinical strength. Will definitely be buying more and I'm telling ask my friends!
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #14
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Gentle but STRONG natural Deodorant (TRIAL size too!) and Diaper Rash Treatments

Art mama, thank you so much for the testimony--does my heart good! I'm especially glad to hear from another nursing mama who is doing fine with it .

Old 06-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #15
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

How "scented"is the product by its ingredients? I have one I'm using now that works good but the scent of the essential oils is a little string for me.

I Swagbucks
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #16
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonalee View Post
How "scented"is the product by its ingredients? I have one I'm using now that works good but the scent of the essential oils is a little string for me.
Neonalee, since I am someone who is really sensitive to artificial fragrance oils, both phalate and non-phalate, I am easily overpowered by conventional deodorants. So, for me, essential oils that I am not allergic to are great and do not easily overpower me. So it is a little hard for me to say how *you* would respond.

I use a bit over 7.5 ml of essential oils in 4 deodorant sticks if that gives you some idea. The zinc oxide, once I began adding it to my formulation, does eat up a fair amount of the smell, as it "eats" smells indiscriminately. I asked my Sage Advice testers about the smell. The responses were as follows: They all liked the smell. Most indicated that it was not too strong. One indicated that it seemed a bit too strong upon arrival (but he and his wife were testing 4 different scents at once from me, and they arrived in block form, not inside of these plastic tubes where it is more contained). However, he quickly adjusted to it, and they really liked the way their clothes smelled after having worn it all day. They said they like to sniff their clothing afterwards, lol.

If you have a strong tendency to be allergic to flowers, I might not advise the Another Day in Paradise scent, as the ylang ylang adds a firm floral note. (Truth be told, even though ylang ylang is allowed in "unscented" personal care products on the market, I am somewhat senstive to ylang ylang as a person with many floral allergies. So I have to purify the air well while making up batches. I do not have this problem with the lavender in Sage Advice. That said, I could marginally get away with using the Another Day in Paradise deodorant b/c wearing it in small amounts provides less exposure than making it. And I do not know anyone else who has my allergies to ylang ylang--which is why I use it. Since it is allowed in "unscented" personal care products, it is considered one of the less allergenic flowers; I'm just weird.) If you are extremely offput by earthy notes, then you might not like the sage, although I worked hard to balance it with the sweeter earthy note of basil in a suitable EO base.

Last edited by debcita429; 06-12-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #17
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How do we order? I want to try the trial Sage Advice Super Sweatstick!
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #18
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydove View Post
How do we order? I want to try the trial Sage Advice Super Sweatstick!
I will PM my paypal address. Thanks, kaydove!

Old 06-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #19
spottycat
Registered Users
seller
seller

Is there a sample size of the Sage Advice still available? I would like to try it. Please PM me your PP addy if it is still available. Thanks
Old 06-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #20
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottycat View Post
Is there a sample size of the Sage Advice still available? I would like to try it. Please PM me your PP addy if it is still available. Thanks
PM'ing you now....