Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Does this cause supply to drop.....

Would selenium supplementation cause supply to drop? It was approved by my medical team to assist with an autoimmune disorder. I started selenium last night and today I have gotten 75% less out than normal.

PS....I am a prior low supply mama and have been expressing colostrum til my newb gets here in <3 weeks-ish. Im hoping to overcome the issues that have been causing the supply issues but have been expressing to have some on hand in case baby needs supplementation. I usually get about 20ml daily and today I have gotten maybe 4-5ml total.

Could this be the culprit or maybe something else? My fluid intake hasn't been much less than usual.

Im going to skip the supplements for a day or two and see if it makes a difference. Just wanted to see if anyone knew first hand of these things causing issues?

Thanks for listening!!!!

<3

Advertisement

Last edited by bluecandi; 05-26-2013 at 10:49 PM.
bluecandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Does this cause supply to drop.....

I do not know, but did not want to read and run. I would stop them a few days and see. Maybe add some fenugreek to your regime and see if that helps.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not sure but will check my hale books when I get home.

If you would like some 10ml colostrum vials let me know I stored all mine in 10ml vials so that it was easy to explain to hubby not to over feed. I also have low supply issues mixed with c-sections and babies that need supplements for blood sugar issues.

I have lots of left over vials

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Everything I found says there is no contraindications in breastfeeding as long as you don't take over the daily recommended amount. That said there is no studies or research I could find in either hales or nices book and they ate pretty current.

You need to weigh the medical pros and cons of the treatment for you versus your desire/needs to breastfeed without supplementation. Without knowing the whole story I can't really say.

Also know that any amount is great I could only express 5-10ml a day I had 21 11ml vials when I had my little guy so even if your not getting much any that you can provide your baby is better than nothing and you are doing amazing trying.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote