Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

Favorite coffee?

I'm going to get DH a large coffee cup and some good coffee for Father's Day. We have a pretty tight budget and one of the first things we had to re-classify as a luxury was "good" coffee So I want to get him some that he can enjoy a bit more. We prefer whole bean and medium to dark roasts. What's out there?

Advertisement

babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Re: Favorite coffee?

If you want a real TREAT and i mean treat as in special occasion coffee nothing beats jamaican blue mountain coffee which you can order a small 7 oz pkg for about $20. I really like HEB/Central market's organic coffees but I don't know that you have one near you. You might google specialty stores in your area and see what store brand organic coffees they have. I say specialty stores because they usually have coffee made so that you can sample it before you buy it.
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

Whew! That had better be some fantastic coffee! Good idea on checking specialty stores Thanks!
babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
Myles_104
Registered Users

I really enjoy the Level Ground Fair Trade coffee (I get it from costco) It comes as beans, and its 900g for around 16$ (here in Canada at least)

Eta, I just looked it up, they have a bunch of different ones, we get the Tanzania one http://www.levelground.com/products/tanzania/

Last edited by Myles_104; 05-31-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Myles_104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:

Trader Joes has awesome coffee selections and all different prices and I've seen good coffees such as Jamaican blue mountain coffee at places like Marshalls or Home Goods.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Yes it is...the real stuff is amazing but I have found the JBM style imitation coffee at specialty stores and it is still pretty good.
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #7
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

These are probably not giftable level, but maybe good for your everyday use... When we had to cut costs from actual visits to Starbucks, we went to Eight o' Clock Columbian, and recently cut costs further to Aldi's Beaumont Fair Trade Dark Roast.

The Eight o' Clock comes in whole bean or ground and it rated pretty high in taste tests a couple years ago. The Aldi is ground and comes in medium or dark, 100% Arabica. I was nervous to try it, but we actually like it, and it sure beats Maxwell House.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
kinderreruns
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Schuil Coffee Co. located in Grand Rapids, MI but sells online or phone. Great selection organic, fair trade, etc with awesome beans. We give as gifts and they get another mail order customer. We like Ethiopian Harrar, European Hazelnut, and many of the decafs (I have heart issue so if I have to drink decaf it will be good).
kinderreruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #9
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderreruns View Post
Schuil Coffee Co. located in Grand Rapids, MI but sells online or phone. Great selection organic, fair trade, etc with awesome beans. We give as gifts and they get another mail order customer. We like Ethiopian Harrar, European Hazelnut, and many of the decafs (I have heart issue so if I have to drink decaf it will be good).
OH ~ Thank you so much for naming Schuil!!! My mom has to drink decaf and was raving about them. I thought it would make a nice gift for her, but then I couldn't remember the name!

Last edited by SweetMamaKaty; 06-01-2013 at 09:34 PM.
SweetMamaKaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #10
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just buy sams choice espresso roast. I've tried different coffee and this is the only affordable one I like. I use a French press
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote