Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #91
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: June/July Adoption and Foster Care Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
She is here!!!!! Very last minute travel arrangements brought her here at midnight last night!
Super happy for you!

Advertisement

sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #92
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msheidiann View Post
drumroll!

We have a finalization date!!!!! July 25! EEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurray!
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #93
Amandamama
Registered Users

Hi. Figured I should introduce myself. I've never posted on this thread before, but we've been foster parents for 5 years & adopted our youngest who was our first long term placement. He's 4.5 & has severe special needs: seizure disorder, blind, non verbal, non mobile, mitochondrial disease, & a long list of other medical issues. We also have a 13 yr old boy & 10 yr old girl.

Anyways, we stopped fostering for a few years after his adoption, but started back up last summer. Had a toddler all last summer & a newborn baby boy all winter (who it looked like was going to be adoptable, but a previously unknown relative came forward & was awarded custody). No placements right now although we've had a few calls for newborns recently who wound up being placed with relatives at the last minute.

We take kiddos aged 2 & under and live in a rural area where there are only a few of us who will take newborns. Those other moms are also friends of mine & none if us have placements right now. It's good that they haven't needed us but I've got time on my hands & am getting itchy for another kiddo.
We are hoping to adopt a few more children through foster care
Amandamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #94
becca jean
Registered Users

Well things are moving right along. I had my second visit with my caseworker on Wednesday and my third visit is scheduled for August. I went out today and bought a crib, dressers, and got a high chair. I'm hoping to finally get a carseat here soon and I'll have all of my big stuff ready. I'm so excited yet so scared of the unknown. I'm moving closer and closer to being a mom!!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #95
katiejack
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca jean View Post
Well things are moving right along. I had my second visit with my caseworker on Wednesday and my third visit is scheduled for August. I went out today and bought a crib, dressers, and got a high chair. I'm hoping to finally get a carseat here soon and I'll have all of my big stuff ready. I'm so excited yet so scared of the unknown. I'm moving closer and closer to being a mom!!!!
How exciting!
katiejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #96
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamama
Hi. Figured I should introduce myself. I've never posted on this thread before, but we've been foster parents for 5 years & adopted our youngest who was our first long term placement. He's 4.5 & has severe special needs: seizure disorder, blind, non verbal, non mobile, mitochondrial disease, & a long list of other medical issues. We also have a 13 yr old boy & 10 yr old girl.

Anyways, we stopped fostering for a few years after his adoption, but started back up last summer. Had a toddler all last summer & a newborn baby boy all winter (who it looked like was going to be adoptable, but a previously unknown relative came forward & was awarded custody). No placements right now although we've had a few calls for newborns recently who wound up being placed with relatives at the last minute.

We take kiddos aged 2 & under and live in a rural area where there are only a few of us who will take newborns. Those other moms are also friends of mine & none if us have placements right now. It's good that they haven't needed us but I've got time on my hands & am getting itchy for another kiddo.
We are hoping to adopt a few more children through foster care
I am so glad to see you joined over here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca jean
Yay so exciting. I am trying not buy anything, so I am a little jealous. I did get a set of bottles though, I couldn't help it.

I finally found the motivation for me to purge and deep clean my house. Our first home visit is only a few days away.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #97
katiejack
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Today I was called by a CPS transporter for directions to our place, and, "by the way I'll be there in an hour to pick her up for a visit". We didn't know there was a visit. So, I rushed around packing a diaper bag, waking up the baby to give her a bath, etc. CW comes, takes baby to visit and 45 min. later comes back and says that mom is a no-show. CW then wonders if mom even knew about the visit.

Later I get a call from early intervention-type people wondering if a worker came out to see the baby. One did the second day she was with us.

Come on people! Get your act together!
katiejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #98
dalynn1997
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well Hope's aunt is coming this weekend. So we will finally know what's going to happen with our girl.

Then last night my friend took placement of a 16 month old girl who was removed from her preadoptive foster home. Because it was short notice they couldn't find a preadoptive home. Well hubby and I our seriously talking about asking for her to be moved here if Hope does leave. Guess if its meant to be it will fall into place. I meet her Friday since we were already had a play date scheduled.
Christian Wife to DH married 16 years. Forever mommy to my adopted son #9 C (3 yrs) Currently fostering #20 A our bonus buddy full sibling to my adopted son (16 mths). We have fostered 20 children so far, some with medical special needs. Still hoping for a forever girl.
dalynn1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:27 AM   #99
dalynn1997
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well Double post
Christian Wife to DH married 16 years. Forever mommy to my adopted son #9 C (3 yrs) Currently fostering #20 A our bonus buddy full sibling to my adopted son (16 mths). We have fostered 20 children so far, some with medical special needs. Still hoping for a forever girl.

Last edited by dalynn1997; 07-10-2013 at 05:33 AM.
dalynn1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #100
Amandamama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejack View Post
Today I was called by a CPS transporter for directions to our place, and, "by the way I'll be there in an hour to pick her up for a visit". We didn't know there was a visit. So, I rushed around packing a diaper bag, waking up the baby to give her a bath, etc. CW comes, takes baby to visit and 45 min. later comes back and says that mom is a no-show. CW then wonders if mom even knew about the visit.

Later I get a call from early intervention-type people wondering if a worker came out to see the baby. One did the second day she was with us.

Come on people! Get your act together!
Yeah, that happens a lot, depending on your case worker. I try to get them to commit to a certain day time each week that stays the same, but lots of times, it doesn't work that way. We've had workers more than once waiting at our door for us while we were out for the day, no one ever told ME there was a visit scheduled so we weren't home.
Amandamama is offline   Reply With Quote