Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2006, 06:50 PM   #1
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Headaches

Does anyone else get really bad headaches when you're pregnant? I dont' really remember them from before but I get the worst headaches now. And the shortest the last in a full day...usually about 2-2.5 days. Tylenol doesn't help at all. I dont' even know what causes them but they hurt so badly!

Advertisement

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
camperjen
Registered Users
seller

Re: Headaches

I'm sorry you're getting them, too. I have a really hard time with preg headaches, too. Hormone related. Thankfully mine seem a little easier - they start lightly in the morning and by dinnertime I'm ready to if it would make me feel better. By bedtime I can hardly move or think, it gets so bad.

Thankfully it lasts terribly through the 1st trimester and slowly gets better through the 1st month of the 2nd. By about 18-20 weeks I don't get many headaches at all anymore - at least not until the end of preg (the last couple of weeks when hormones start to surge again to get ready for labor).

I hope you find that they ease up in time, too. ((hug))
Old 06-17-2006, 07:35 PM   #3
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had severe headaches for a while too, and nothing made them go away. At first I thought they were allergy/sinus related, but even when my allergies weren't bad, the headaches were aweful. They would last for days. I think it may have been because I wasn't getting enough iron. As soon as I started taking an iron supplement they went away completely. HTH!
kht2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:22 PM   #4
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I only had headaches with my son's pregnancy. I NEVER get headaches, so they always seemed bad, KWIM? In any case, mine were little pulsating headaches in one area or another - but I just smiled through them. They were actually my first symptom of being pregnant - and they got better somewhere in the second trimester. Yours sound much worse than mine were - I hope they stop for you!
Come to think of it, my iron was low early in my pregnancy, too - so it could have been iron related.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:55 AM   #5
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe it is iron related...hmmm. I go to my Dr next week, I need to start my list of questions now.

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:14 PM   #6
erayne
Registered Users
seller

I had them too, caffeine was the only thing that would help! My OB said that was better than tylenol!
erayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:12 AM   #7
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

I had really bad headaches for the late first trimester/early second trimester during my second pregnancy. My MW said it was common, and had to do with the increased blood volume.

Oddly enough, I haven't had many this time around, and when I did, it was days when I didn't get enough water...I think it's really easy to get dehydrated when you're pregnant. Extra water seems to help a lot of preggy symptoms!
Old 06-25-2006, 09:18 AM   #8
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i had them lasting for up to 5 days at a time about the last part of the 1st trimester through about 3/4 of the second trimester. i was having severe migraines though so of course tylenol wasn't touching it. my mw ended up prescribing me midrin and it works like a dream, BUT it knocks me on my butt so i can't take it during the day b/c i have two toddlers!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:35 AM   #9
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been fortunate not to get many headaches since I passed the 25 week marker, but before that I used to get them a few times a week and they were really terrible. Sometimes I would just have to lay in bed with the shades drawn and wait for them to go away. I always felt guilty taking Tylenol, so I used to just grit and bear through it.

I've read that persistent headaches could be a sign of anemia, toxemia or pre-clampsia. Not that any of you have this, but it might be one of those things to log in a daily journal and monitor over time. Just so if your Doctor asks about the headaches, you have a better idea of how often and how severe they are.

Seems like the first trimester is the WORST. The hormone levels rage out of control and the headaches are a nightmare.

I hope all of you get to feeling better!