Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #51
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Breast or bottle in a restaurant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobinsTreasures View Post
Straight from the tap!
yup

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #52
nsimons20
Registered Users
seller

I breastfeed because it's easier and since I'm a SAHM I don't usually pump or have a supply on hand. But I would try both and see which one suits you better, sometimes it would be nice to have someone else feed LO so you can have a hot meal
nsimons20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #53
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Well, I can now officially say 'breast' as I've breastfed at 2 restaurants in 2 days.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:12 AM   #54
Smiths2008
Registered Users
seller

The more we nurse in public the more we create an environment in which others will be comfortable doing so, and hopefully one say our daughters won't have to worry about this...be brave!
Smiths2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #55
Stamina
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have always done what I have felt most comfortable with, and that has varied with each of my LOs. DD (9 months) is the pickiest nurser ever and refuses to nurse anywhere but our bedroom, side lying on the bed with dim lights and complete silence . I'm not exaggerating. So for her, I rely on finger foods and a bottle of BM. I have no issues with bringing bottles along but I do hate pumping when we are out and about!
Stamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #56
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

With DD#1 bottle, but I quit EBFing early so she was FF mostly by the time I was recovered and ready to be out and about for a long length of time. Both DD#2 and DD#3 only BF, no covers, neither took (or is taking) a bottle. I do always wear a cami under my shirt if I'm not wearing a nursing tank so no skin shows and I try to pick a booth if possible mostly so I can put my feet up I also have to have a blanket (like an A&A one) in case she unlatches I can cover so no milk squirts everywhere, and if she's tired she likes to have part of her face covered.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #57
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

DD never took a bottle so it was always breast. But I would usually nurse in the car first and that would hold her over for awhile. We didn't go to many restaurants when she was 4+ months...she didn't particularly enjoy restaurants then so it wasn't the least bit relaxing.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #58
closetshopper
Registered Users

I always nursed in public, the way I think of it is I didn't want to use my "gold" stash up when I have the baby with me :-)
closetshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #59
mrsc968
Registered Users
seller

I BF in restaurants with a cover and it was fine. Do whatever makes you feel most comfortable.
mrsc968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #60
RedWindmill
Registered Users

I just breastfeed with a cover or blanket. My husband suggested bringing a bottle next time we're out, but I haven't decided if I want to do that or not.
RedWindmill is offline   Reply With Quote