View Poll Results: Do you babies get fully names in utero?
Yes all of them 101 59.41%
No 37 21.76%
Some of them 32 18.82%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #21
Sugar&SpiceX3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do your babies get fully named in utero?

My first we had two names. She was born on my grandmothers birthday and so we switched her middle name then. One name went better with it so we choose that one. Middle DD was named in utero. Third DD we really didn't know. Had quite a few picked out and went with what felt right. This time we will be team green. We have three girls though and my husband has had a boy name picked out that he loves. So we agreed that because he is compromising in letting me stay green, the name will be used if it's a boy. We are running out of girl names though lol

Advertisement

Sugar&SpiceX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #22
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

We never find out gender. I usually have a pretty strong intuition about it, but we don't name them and try not to use gender terms until they arrive. We also usually have a couple of each gender name in mind, just in case out favorite doesn't feel right for the babe when it's born.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We choose full names for each gender prior to ultrasounds so we can refer to our children by name ASAP upon finding out. We both feel so bonded to our LOs once we are able to refer to them by name.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #24
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope, but it's mostly because dh and I are undecisive First dd went 8 hours without a name and 2nd dd went 12 hours. We had two names for each gender picked out each time and still felt like taking our time after they were born to name them. Probably drove our family nuts First dd was going to be Megan or Tessa, she ended up Tessa, fits her perfectly. Second dd was going to be Megan or Mia, She ended up Mia. We actually flipped an m&m for her middle name, couldn't decide between Mia Lucy or Mia Lynn. M&M landed "m" side up so she is Mia Lucy. Her name fits her perfectly too. Ironically we had a heck of a time picking out boys names, but haven't had a boy yet, so that made it easier.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #25
Megan22
Registered Users
seller

All three littles were completely named before they were born.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #26
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

So far they've all been named before they were born.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #27
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

We find out gender, but don't name until we turn in a birth certificate. Sure we have a list, and there really hasn't been a surprise, but I like to reserve the option.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #28
crunch!910
Registered Users

I knew the genders of both my boys, but hated and actually asked people NOT to call my belly by the name we had chosen. Both times it took us into the last month of pregnancy to be sure on the name. DH and I have drastically different preferences and tastes in names and its hard to agree. Once baby is here, there is no chance of changing its name, unless we want to spend another 9 months with a nameless baby. Haha

Hating people calling my belly the name is part of the reason we won't be finding out gender this time. We have a few names we already kind of agree on, but I still do not see us actually truly picking a name until the end of pregnancy. So although a name may be picked out, we don't name baby and call baby by its name until it is born.

Last edited by crunch!910; 06-20-2013 at 06:16 PM.
crunch!910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #29
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yep. We have boy and girl names picked out before birth (green team)

And yes, we do share the names
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend

Last edited by KaleidoscopeEyes; 06-20-2013 at 06:22 PM.
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #30
MsBurrows
Registered Users
seller

Yes, all of them. I didn't know the sex of my first child until she was born, but I had one full girl name and one full boy name picked out. Since then I've always had the name picked out by the time they are born.

I lost one unexpectedly at 20 weeks and we named her after she was delivered, but all of my living babies were born with a name.

http://heathenhomesteader.com/
MsBurrows is offline   Reply With Quote