View Poll Results: Do you babies get fully names in utero?
Yes all of them 101 59.41%
No 37 21.76%
Some of them 32 18.82%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #31
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

We always narrow it down but never decide for sure before hand. We shared our options with everyone for our oldest but Big mistake so we didn't with our other two. And ourfront runner name for our daughter (3rd) turned into a middle name and a name we didn't actually think we used turned into her first name. We never knew for sure til we saw them.

Advertisement

kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #32
karikos
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do your babies get fully named in utero?

This one has been named even before his conception. If he'd been a girl, I'm sure DH and I probably would have taken the whole 9 months and then some to figure out a name, lol.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #33
mommagruber
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have found out the gender on all five of ours. First born son was completely named before birth. Second was a daughter and was named during labor. Third, a son, was about 3 days old before we could agree. Fourth and daughter and fifth a son were both named before birth. Didn't really keep any names a secret either.
www.hyenacart.com/littlebitbusy
mommagruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #34
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes we did have their full names before they were even conceived. We keep it a secret from family though. Except for our youngest and we changed our mind for his middle name the day before he was born. They all have family names so the list to choose from wasn't really ever very long.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #35
Sassybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have always waited to find out the sex of our babies so we had a few girl and boy names picked out for each. With out first, we decided on her first name at the hospital but didn't pick her middle name until a few days after we got home. With our second, we tried to do the same but the hospital wouldn't let us leave until we had both first and middle name picked out so we had to quickly decide. With our third, we pretty much had names set for either a boy or girl. Now I'm wishing we could have a fourth so that I could use my boy name
Sassybottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #36
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had names picked out really early with DD1, and with DD2 by about 24 weeks. DS we named when he was 3.5 years old...but we had about 6 months to decide.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #37
2much2luv
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, all five were named before birth.
2much2luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #38
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

With DS1 we had his name very early on, there were no doubts or second thoughts. We did tell people.

With DS2 we had two frontrunners and could not decide. It drove me nuts and I hated the stress of choosing after birth. It took a few days an finally we chose, but it was not a clear cut decision and wasn't easy. When people asked about names, we told some close family but that was it. And always included was that we weren't lookig for opinions, because one was traditional and one not traditional, and people were annoying adding their opinions and suggestions.

Last edited by Mom2Connor; 06-21-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #39
lindsey.leanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

All of my kiddos have had names before they were born. With our first set of twins and this set of twins, I wanted to make sure they were named early in case anything happened... I didn't want to be sitting around trying to name them if they were in the nicu or I was having health issues. Our singleton was also named as soon as we found out gender.

Mind you if by chance one of them would have or is born and I don't feel the name fits... I reserve the right to change it. So far so good though and I agree that I feel like it is so much easier to bond with my babies before birth when I know them by name.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #40
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We puck their first names, and then request Someone from Korea to give a middle name. With our first son his grandfather picked his middle name, with our second his grandma. With this one I'm thinking about having hubby ask his great grandfather if he is still around.. He's very old- hasn't met our second born and most likely will not. :/
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote