View Poll Results: Do you babies get fully names in utero?
Yes all of them 101 59.41%
No 37 21.76%
Some of them 32 18.82%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #51
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do your babies get fully named in utero?

We had a first name but didn't decide on a second until right before the lady came to get the birth certificate papers.

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #52
mom2kaydncolt
Registered Users
seller

All of our babies have had names before birth and we stuck with those names after birth. We had two team green babies and we had a boy name and a girl name picked out for each. I just generally know when we've hit on the right name for the baby I'm carrying. It seems silly I'm sure but all of my kids fit their names pretty well I think.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #53
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
We try to have the name picked out before we find out the gender. I like to call baby by their name as soon as I know it's a boy or girl. Of course, I'm only pregnant with number 2 so that's only been once so far since we haven't found out yet with this one. With my first I really felt like since the baby already had a name everyone seemed to have a connection with the baby when he was born. It was really neat to see.

My i-devices are out to get me, please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #54
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, both of mine were completely named within a couple weeks of our anatomy scan. I had issues early on in both pregnancies and I felt much more bonded to them when I knew what and who they were. Just me, though. We also shared our names. I got a lot of odd looks about my second one, Maverick.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #55
lisaramos08
Registered Users
seller

All of my kids except 1 was fully named in utero. The one that wasn't we thought was a boy and a girl was born. It took me 2 days to think of a name for her and the hospital wouldn't let me come home from the hospital until she was named.
lisaramos08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:01 PM   #56
vivid
Registered Users
seller

Nope not completely. We don't find out the sex so it seems harder for us to official settle on anything before birth.
vivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #57
bird_verde
Registered Users
seller

With #1, we knew she was a girl and picked out a name right away and told everyone.
With #2 and (#3 on the way), we didn't even talk about a name until I was in labor (and we don't know the sex either.)
bird_verde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #58
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

No, we don't really even try to name our babies before they are born. We have never found out baby's sex before birth. It takes us at least few days after birth to name them. I think it took a week to fully name DD. DS was named a bit faster.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #59
MommaKatie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We find out the gender and name baby before birth. DD was named before we knew her gender. DS1 had a first name when we found out his gender but it took several more weeks to settle on a middle name. DS2 and DS3 took several weeks after knowing their gender to name. With DS3 DH and I didn't even discuss names for a month after we knew his gender and it took several weeks beyond that to nail down a name. Our naming styles and likes/dislikes vary far too much for us to wait until the baby is born to pick a name. We generally share the name with people in our real lives and make online announcements about the baby's name after they are born.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #60
FL Mama
Registered
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We usually have an idea on names before finding out the sex and once sex is revealed it doesn't take us long. We've had a girl name picked out since '03 before we found out #1 was a boy, and we are just now finally getting to use it. We changed the original middle name, though.
Heather, wife to Joe, Jesus lovin' Homeschoolin' mama to Noah(10), rainbow Jonah(8), and my second rainbow, Patti born 8/7/13!! Always missing my heavenly babies: 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still 10/18/11 - 17wks. Check out my CLOTH for sale & Wool Yarn for Sale!
FL Mama is offline   Reply With Quote