Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #11
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++
Registered Users
Formerly: smalltownmama
seller
seller

My Mood:
I feel so much better ladies thank you!!! her pedi told me she needs 6-8 oz per feeding now, and that's the biggest reason I've been fretting over it.

Advertisement

crunchycrossfitmamaof2++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #12
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Often they look at # oz/day vs per feedings. If baby is gaining properly and peeing/pooing properly I wounding worry.
My sisters baby 3 months younger than mine was drinking WAY more per bottle than mine. But he was all bottle. Mine was mix nurse and bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #13
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Donor milk

You may not be able to get ahead that way but can you stay on top? To get ahead if helps to pump more frequently or try after nursing...
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #14
mama2tommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownmama View Post
I feel so much better ladies thank you!!! her pedi told me she needs 6-8 oz per feeding now, and that's the biggest reason I've been fretting over it.
Your ped is wrong! He may be quoting for Formula, but not for BM...a BF'd baby never really needs more than 4 oz in a feeding.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #15
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow that is a lot per feeding especially for a 4 month old. My 9 month old still only takes 4oz bottles.

4oz per pumping session is great.

Honestly I don't think you should ask for donor milk or if you do be very honest why you want it.-- I think you need to keep pumping, reduce the baby's bottles and see what happens. Technically you only need to stay on top of the pumping not get ahead.

to be perfectly honest if you posted this and requested donor milk I would not respond. I am/have been donating right now and I would have a hard time donating to you. I have been pumping like a crazy person at work and worked hard for my supply while working WOH full time. I happen to have a good freezer stash but it took a lot of hard work.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
Kquiet
Registered Users
seller

The fact that you are doing your best to supply breast milk for your baby is inherently not selfish! You are doing your best to provide for your baby!
Kquiet is offline   Reply With Quote