Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
boys4me
Registered Users
seller

What do you use for a diaper pail and do you use a liner?

What do you use for a diaper pail? I'm wanting something that will contain the odor and won't ruin my diapers. (Does anyone have a problem with them molding?) I plan to wash every 2-3 days, but I know with wash clothes I have to hang them on the edge of the basket to dry (bibs too) or they mold before being washed. Granted they only get washed once a week, but don't want to ruin my diapers, but don't want my whole house smelling like urine or poo either. Also do you use a liner for your diaper pail? I am part of a coop that is doing liners right now, but have held off ordering one as I'm not sure what I'll use as a diaper pail.

Advertisement

boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
kinderreruns
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you use for a diaper pail and do you use a liner?

I was evey two to three days. I have the square diaper pail with charco filters. I use Planetwise pail liners. The pail is sold at clothdiapersinc.com motherease and other cloth diaper companies. It does not have a foot control but the sink stays in.
kinderreruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
cocobear
Registered Users

I use Planet Wise wetbag (hangs next to changing pad), and I also have a bumkins wetbag that I use. I like them both. If i had to do it again I'd go with the Bumkins- cheaper, and I haven't noticed any smells or anything. I know a lot of people that just use a cheap lided garbage pail and put their liners in them for use as a diaper pail.
cocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
formom
Registered Users

I use Charlie Banana ( got it on clearance) and Planet wise wetbags. When one is in wash with diapers , I'm using another one, usually hangs on my changing table. My friend uses a lided garbage pail with a liner and it works great for her.
formom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have three of these diaper pails. They are on the small side, but I wanted one for each bathroom. I own several liners, but no longer use them. When I used liners, I washed them each time with my diapers, but still felt the need to wash out the pail. So now I just put the diapers directly in the pail without a liner and use the pail itself to carry the diapers to the washing machine.

It has been my experience that diapers actually smell less when the pail is open. After a couple days, there is a slight smell if I put my face right IN or above the pail, but that's it. When I leave the lid of the pail on, the lack of ventilation makes the diapers smell more, so that each time the pail is opened, I smell a strong odor for a minute or so after the pail is closed again.
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

I use a plastic garbage can lined with a pul pail liner or wetbag but I leave the top off. Right now I only have DD2's night diapers, which I rinse out each morning and I only wash once a week. Never have mold issues, even though humidity is high here now. Even when I washed every 2-3 days and had wet and poopy diapers I never got mold by leaving the top open to keep up the air flow (the bin lives in my laundry room).
Old 06-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
MrsCCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use Planet Wise diaper pails as well and love them. We've also got two in our rotation, so when one is washing we can use the other. We put a SimpleHuman garbage pail in our nursery that opens with a foot pedal, so it's nice and hands free. I agree that it actually smells much less when we leave the lid up all the time, so getting an open trash can would probably work great. Although, it is nice to have the option of keeping it all contained when you want to.
MrsCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Flip up lid trash can from Target & Diaper Palz pail liners

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
skullrose13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wash every other day and have a plastic gargage pail with no liner and no lid. I do rinse poopy diapers off very well. I'm also in AZ so molding isn't really an issue here. I'm thinking I might get a liner when my newborn comes because I probably won't be rinsing off the EBF poo.
skullrose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #10
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

I use an ubbi diaper pail with a planet wise pail liner. It contains the smell and I've never had issues with diapers, I was every 2-3 days. I do like it but it is small and I have to use a hanging kanga wet bag as well because it doesn't fit 2 full days of diapers.
Jcurrie is online now   Reply With Quote