Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Compare Nanas Bottoms absorbency for me please

Anyone have birdseye and prefold converted Nanas bottoms on hand that can compare these for me. Ive been pondering getting some for a while... Really honestly procrastinated because I don't want to get something only to sell it after. I purchased some Nanas off the FSOT but they had microfleece inners. DS seems to be getting quite the reaction with Microfleece so I was thinking of just getting all cotton. He is quite the soaker so I need it to be able to hold at least 1 pee well or be able to hold him while he is napping with the sitter.

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Rmr that the pf conversion ones will only be as absorbent as the pf you send in. I got some imagine bamboo converted but the medium pf barely made small size dipes so keep that in mind. I got some Birdseye mediums made a couple months ago and since she was out of Birdseye I got the cotton babies dz flats sent to her and she put in an entire flat as the soaker and used 1/3-1/2 of a flat for the inner so they're super absorbent but also super trim and wash pretty easy. I didn't get backs open (prefer the neatness of stitching all around) and they dry in one dryer cycle and a few hours under a fan or laid out on the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forumplvmkwmmqkamakanw
Alikhlas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
KimKim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikhlas
Rmr that the pf conversion ones will only be as absorbent as the pf you send in. I got some imagine bamboo converted but the medium pf barely made small size dipes so keep that in mind. I got some Birdseye mediums made a couple months ago and since she was out of Birdseye I got the cotton babies dz flats sent to her and she put in an entire flat as the soaker and used 1/3-1/2 of a flat for the inner so they're super absorbent but also super trim and wash pretty easy. I didn't get backs open (prefer the neatness of stitching all around) and they dry in one dryer cycle and a few hours under a fan or laid out on the bed.

What a great idea! I wish this was talked about a couple weeks ago. I sent in a dozen cotton babies prefolds but I have a dozen flats here I'm not using!
KimKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Compare Nanas Bottoms absorbency for me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikhlas View Post

Thanks for the info. The bamboo prefold is great a great IDEA( btw how are these working out for you) but id like them to be just cotton. Plus the fact that the imagine prefolds are so small, id be concerned as to which ones would be the best to make the size I need.
I also prefer the non open backs which is why I was thinking the cotton would be easier to just wash and not have to deal with all the issues fabrics like hemp bring along with them.

ETA: I love the onsie in your avatar! Had to sing it to DH

Last edited by nachoslyn; 06-25-2013 at 05:18 PM.
nachoslyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachoslyn

Thanks for the info. The bamboo prefold is great a great IDEA( btw how are these working out for you) but id like them to be just cotton. Plus the fact that the imagine prefolds are so small, id be concerned as to which ones would be the best to make the size I need.
I also prefer the non open backs which is why I was thinking the cotton would be easier to just wash and not have to deal with all the issues fabrics like hemp bring along with them.

ETA: I love the onsie in your avatar! Had to sing it to DH
The absorbency is fine on them but bc she had to cut and sew funny to get them to fit all the way, I don't reach for them as much. Currently have them out away for the next babe.

My husband found that pic and I had to put it up here

Alikhlas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:51 AM   #6
onegratefulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had her use nickis imagine indian organic toddler prefolds (not smart fit) for both M/L and L's and love them! My dd2 is 30 lbs and 2 1/2 and wears at preschool last 3-4 hours I'd say.

https://www.nickisdiapers.com/mobile/home.asp?#page-46

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
onegratefulmama is offline   Reply With Quote