Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hypnobabies more than once?

This question is for those who have used Hypnobabies for more than one delivery. Did you find it necessary to do the course again? I did it to prepare for my first vbac. But, with this one due in September, I really don't feel I need the entire course all over again! I'm wondering if I can just buy the Vbac visualization mp3s from their website and the birthing affirmations and be good to go? They didn't have the vbac ones when I had dd. Just the regular affirmations and twin CDs. Would love to know what you guys did or think!

Advertisement

DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
mama2tommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Hypnobabies more than once?

I had all intentions of doing it again...I failed.

So I had a friend send me the "abreviated" version that you can start much later...I still failed.

When I do listen to any of the tracks, it comes right back, so my hope is that when I'm in labor, if I feel like listening to them, I'll fall right back into it.

I'm almost 36 weeks, and really just haven't been able to get back into the "groove" of things this time...
Old 06-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it depends on the type of person you are. I did hypnobirthing (similar idea) and I know I don't need to take the course again. But also in the end for the first birth it was the ideas I took with me, that my body is not broken and is meant to do this without pain and to remember to relax that helped me. I didn't listen to the actual affirmation or other CDs during birth. I was thinking of reviewing the book and I will listen everything again as well but I don't need to take the class.

Do what you think is best to get the birth you want and good luck!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 06-27-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

I used Hypnobirthing with my last birth. I did a refresher class with this one, and have enjoyed listening to the tracks again. Mostly, I took the class just so I could have some time to focus on me and the baby, as it's rather hard to do that with 5 other children, lol. I don't know that it was absolutely necessary, but I did enjoy it again.
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies! I totally get what you're saying. I think I'm going to just do the visualization to "get my head in the game" (this is baby #4 and I have not been "with it" lately"!) I think I'm ready but with everyday life, I haven't been able to focus on preparing to birth like I did with the others. I totally failed during transition with my last birth and I'm hoping to focus more on hypnosis for that part. It jst amazes me how women can "Ahhh" their baby out! I was a hot hysterical mess during transition! Lol Thanks again and I wish you ladies the best during your Labor Days!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

With my second, I started listening to a hypnosis track at bedtime starting at about 35 weeks, I think. I just picked one I liked and listened. It was amazing how quickly it all came back to me! I didn't feel like I had to repeat the whole course. It worked great. I plan to do the same thing again this time.