Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Miscarriage at 7 weeks ( trigger warning loss mentioned)

I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks and did tests to weeks apart both with instant dark lines. I was extremely excited I was cramping on and off the whole time and read that that can be normal. But nothing felt right, I hard a sharp pain in my side and no morning sickness. Took another test, still an instant dark line .

Then over the weekend I wiped and there was some brown spotting ( again) told it was normal ...

Then that afternoon it felt like everything just fell out of me , clots etc, I was out eating with my family and came out of the bathroom in tears. I knew instantly what had happened . I was not doing well at all emotionally and since it was a weekend I couldn't see anyone till Monday .

Monday came and I went to see my normal OBGYN . His pregnancy test came back negative and he didn't even believe I was pregnant and told me it was probably just a heavy period and said he would do a blood test to confirm . I begged for an ultrasound asking to at least rule out ectopic dice.

Blood tests came back the next day my numbers were 76.... I was pregnant and it looks like I did actually miscarry. But the damage was done for me. My husband blew the whole thing off because the doctor said I wasn't at the last visit so it took me all week to convince him otherwise...

I don't know what to expect or do... I've never miscarried... Everyone seems to be sorry but my husband doesn't think I should be so upset. Is it wrong to be this upset over a 7 week miscarriage... I feel awful.. I've had friends go through so much worse and yet here I am in tears over something that was probably wrong...

Just needed to talk..or put it in writing...

Proud breastfeeding ,babywearing ,cloth diapering, co sleeping Peace loving Hippie Mama to my sweet Buddha Babies
8.28.06 9.15.08 and 9.23.12 Feb 14th 2014 June 17 2014
Lillarose Consultant
Kalohabreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Miscarriage at 7 weeks ( trigger warning loss mentioned)

Oh Sweetie! I'm so sorry for your loss. It is completely normal to be devastated at your loss. I have had 3 MC and all of them broke my heart. One was at 11 weeks, one was at 7 weeks and one was at 10 weeks. I believe Mommas bond instantly with their little ones. Hang in there, don't feel bad for mourning your loss. Hugs
~Semi Crunchy,CDing,BFing,Baby wearing, Selective Vaxing, wife to my best friend. Momma to James~8-30-06, Ellie~6-2-08, and Jasper~7-11-10 ~
August ~6-10-12 Lazarus~ 3-12-2014~
redshoe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
Registered Users
A woman becomes a mom when she finds out she is pregnant. A man becomes a dad when he sees his baby. Men just don't really process it the same, not to mention the hormones that are going crazy right now making it more emotional for you.
Sorry mama.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:
It is not wrong in any way, shape or form to mourn the loss of your baby. I am so so sorry about your loss. I feel that a Mom becomes a Mom as soon as you conceive and so when you find out you are pregnant it's often instant love for your baby. I have had two losses and both were at 6 weeks. I was heartbroken both times. Please take the time you need to grieve. Sorry your hubby isn't being more supportive :-(
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
Registered Users
It is normal. I lost a baby at 31 weeks. I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks, and it was almost as devastating (ETA: NOT to minimize ANY loss, I was just surprised how strongly I reacted to an early loss after such a late one. I didn't think after a late loss it would be as big a deal for me personally but it was still truly awful). Its very hard for your DH to understand what you're feeling, because it wasn't "real" for him. My DH was bummed, but not nearly as upset as I was. But he doesn't have to feel the same to realize you feel awful and be supportive. Tell him what you need from him, it will be better that way I promise.

Is this your first? Its more common than people know. An early loss often means something went wrong and the baby couldn't live. Not that it should make you feel better about your loss, only that it doesn't necessarily mean you will have future problems.

I'm sorry for your loss!

Last edited by mibarra; 07-01-2013 at 08:43 PM.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

It is NEVER wrong to be upset about a miscarriage, no matter how far along you are.

I had a m/c at 13wks5d and another at 5wk5d. You were pregnant no matter how far along you were it is emotionally hard.

I hope your hubby comes around, maybe this is his way of dealing with it.....if he thinks it never happened he won't have to deal with it. I'm sorry!
I've earned over $2000 in agc's and paypal w/ swagbucks and you can too!!!
Ebates get cash back for shopping online!!!
Get a $10gc when you make your first purchase of $25 or more through ebates.
ambieone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:

A loss is a loss. No matter how early, emotionally you loved that baby. You have dreams and hopes, and when you miscarry, those hopes and dreams are ripped from you.
Men don't have to bleed and cramp, and deal with the hormones. The day of my D&C, I asked DH if he told his boss he was taking the day off, and he actually didn't know he was gonna go with me.
I was a Wreck.
DH tries to be as supportive as possible.

Take all the time to heal and mourn. I'm sorry your going through it!
Ariana Armando
{M.o3'} {E.o5'} {C.o9'} {S.12'} {D.14'}
.o8 .13
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

oh I am so sorry to hear you on top of the loss had a partner not believe you too. that would crush me. as it is you wonder enough why it happened and if you did something or could have done something...
sounds like you lost everything in the restroom already so your numbers must drop over time. I have had 7 losses now all at different times but none over 11 weeks.

please message me if you need any info. so sorry yet again. my 1st loss took me 6 yrs to get over and i was 6 weeks along :/
unassisted, homebirthin mom Had I not birthed children into the world and become a mother... I would not know true love, laughter or insanity.
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
Registered Users

I'm so sorry. I've never lost a pregnancy, but I've seen my friends go through it and they are devasted. It's something that stays with women. My sweet granny who had 5 living children still refered to her miscarriage as the baby she lost.
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #10
Registered Users
My Mood:
I don't think it is wrong or crazy at all! I have never experienced a m/c personally but I would be devastated. I had some spotting around 7 weeks with my current pregnancy and I was really worried and upset. Big hugs to you. Don't let anyone discount your feelings because I think they are totally valid and normal. I hope you are blessed with a sticky baby as soon as you are ready.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote