Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:
So... antivaccinating moms. School waiver?

I, um, lost my oldest's vax record. Dh tried to get a copy at the hospital but they don't have it on record. I don't want her to miss the first day of school, so I think I will just file an exemption. It's none of their business anyway (IMO). CA has philosophical exemptions, so do I just print one off or something and turn it in? How does that work?

The other 2 have theirs, will they hassle me since the younger 2 have their shot records?

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:
Re: So... antivaccinating moms. School waiver?

Oh, and I forgot, I turned it in when I enrolled them in school here in TX, will they accept the schools' copy? OR will that give me more problems if I file an exemption? We're, um, leaving tomorrow, so I really can't get one before school starts.

This is the second fricking time I have lost hers. I don't get it. I keep them all together and I have everyone's BUT hers. WTF?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
saturn
Registered Users

I don't know how exemption work in California, but I would think that they would accept a copy of the vax record from their school in TX. You may also be able to get a record from the state immunization registry, here's the info on the Texas one:
http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/immunize...ts_public.shtm
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Cashmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in California. I also lost my kids' records. I selectively vaxed them, but schools here say it is all or nothing...so I just asked for a waiver sheet and signed it with no problems! It is much easier to say you've never done them than to try and round up old records, honestly.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
Cashmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The school offices have waiver sheets.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

I think they will accept the previous school's copy. I know the OK exemption form says loss of records is not a reason to file an exemption.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #7
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always just print one from the Internet. I fill it out, we have philosophical as well, and then attach a copy of our state law, with the vaccine exemption highlighted, as well as a copy of our own personal reasons for not vaccinating. To me, that way, it seems more educated and thought out. Probably just annoys anyone else though, lol.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
Erinne
Registered Users

For what it's worth, there's always a huge "you MUST send in your vax info NOW or your kids seriously for real won't be able to come anymore" thing at the schools in our area mid-year, so I probably wouldn't worry about it too much. We got a form for dd's preschool that I think was just a copy of the public school form that just had a place for dating when you did each one and then asked for your doc's info, and then on the back just had a "check here for exemption" and sign and date that. Super easy in Oregon, but I'm sure it varies.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #9
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Here I just wrote a note on a piece of paper in their office. I just put we delay/select vaccinations for philisophical reasons. That easy.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #10
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

We are no longer vaccinating but our oldest 3 were fully vaxed and I have lost DS3's record before. Most states have a vaccination database for this reason and they would have your DD's shots on record. We accessed the records and filled out a new card ourselves. Check with the health department or your ped.

With my younger 2 we had to do exemptions. The form is at the health department and the state we were in required us to talk to a nurse about the risks of not vaccinating before we could have it. Both us and and she had to sign it. I just bit my tongue and nodded politely and finished with a short to the point, "We have done our research and are comfortable with our decision." It was fairly infuriating and I was not expecting it at all since our state allowed philosophical exemptions.
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote