Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
OMG, there is PEE EVERYWHERE...

Didn't put this in PT, because it's not a PT question, just a parenting vent...

There is pee everywhere in my house. We started PT with my son yesterday after a run in with the daycare lady. After DS heard DH and I talking, it comes out that he gets candy from the daycare lady and "goes" on the potty (the world according to a 2y9m old, so take at will)

It turned out he no longer screamed like a dying cat when placed on the potty, so we throught "great, lets give it a whirl!" and went out and bought 10 pair of underwear. We started yesterday.

By 1 in the afternoon, all 10 pair were wet, he had peed in the potty once, and 10 times on my floor. I ran out in an emergency to Target to buy 10 more pair, since I'm not in the business to do a load of underwear every 3 hours...

Fast forward to today, bedtime. Yesterday's pee in the potty is STILL our only success. We now own 27 pair of Jake and Neverland pirates, McQueen, and Micky Mouse underwear, size 4T. I have more pee on my floor than I know what to do, and one turd, too (all is cleaned, but, well, you know what I'm getting at).

We have moved from calling the toilet the "big poo poo tube slide" to a potty, and in 48 hours we now know that the potty is NOT a chair just to read books on, but the chair you run to AFTER you have peed on mommy's floor. We have eaten M&Ms, had a tantrum that we cannot have the truck incentive I picked out for when we make the 5 pees in a potty mark, and I've gone through a roll of paper towel.

And on a side note, why is he still playing in his room at 9:50 at night???? His bedtime is 8. And why are people still setting off fireworks 3 days after the 4th of July, and on a work night????

Mommy needs some "mommy juice"

Advertisement

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: OMG, there is PEE EVERYWHERE...

Yes, yes, definitely. Enjoy your mommy juice!

I'd say you also probably need a break from potty training. I tried several times to train my oldest, and with that little success I'd admit he's not ready, throw in the towel and tell the daycare lady to pound salt. Try again in a couple of months.

When they're ready, it's easy. Just before DD turned three, she'd gotten into the habit of peeling off her diaper and handing it to me when she was wet or dirty, and then we'd put a new one on her. One day she refused to let me put a new one on her, so I told her that she would have to pee and poop in the potty if she didn't want to wear diapers. She agreed, and I think we had 3 accidents that week. Totally easy.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OH mama! I'm sorry! My oldest didn't PT until he was 3 years and 4 months old. My mom's bff, like another mother to me, said "They all start school potty trained!" She said something similar when he didn't walk until 14 months too. "They all walk in Kindergarten!" Ha ha. I've mellowed out a whole lot since those days. I know you want this done but he will do it when HE is READY. He just isn't. Not yet. It isn't a parenting fail, it is allowing him to do things in his time. When ds1 PT'd he was done. No accidents EVER, not at night, naps, long car rides, NEVER. DS2 comes along and decides to PT at 20 months. He'd been watching big brother and he knew what to do. He had so many accidents though! A lot of it was communication issues but any time he slept he peed. Naps-pee, Night-wore diapers until he was older than 4 years old. Ds3, well, he dabbles in the potty learning world at 2 years and 2 months, I'm not pushing it, it doesn't help. I say eat some ice cream with the boy and tell him, "Ya' know what? I'll love you even in pee pee pants. You let mama know when you are ready for the potty, ok buddy?" And file this away the stories you'll tell his wife someday when she's going through the same thing with your grandchild. You are a good mommy, diapers or underwear, you are a good mommy!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

yup I remember those days.... I gave PT several very real tries and ended up overly frustrated practically in tears and deffiently too short tempered with my DD.. I got so sick of it I decided to not bother trying again untill
1) I had a space of time I could follow her around and dedicate 100% no matter what (it was the middle of the school year and I homeschool)
2) she came to be and said mommy I dont want to pee in a diaper I want to use the potty please help me learn (well I could dream right?)
this was sometime last March

May she suddently seemed intrested and I decided to give the weekend a go and IF we had some breakthrough SOME sense of I get this we'd go on..
she went through like 45 changes a day she was wet every single time but she didn't fuss or argue and we even had at least one success, so we kept going..
by the end of the week she was going " on her own" but we still had 20+accidents she would basically wet then change herself
took about another 2-3 week to get her to keep dry but she still got new undies everytime she went potty and still had poo accidents..
She finially going on her own way way less poo accidents and pretty much staying with the same undoes all day.
PUL up still at night..

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Ah, PLing, one of the most frustrating and least rewarding parenting feats. Everyone else just knows if you did x they'd be trained. You'll be convinced they're capable and doing it to spite you. You'll clean up buckets of pee and wash poo out of countless pairs of underwear. And when they finally get it you'll feel like you didn't do a darn thing, they just decided to do it. We're right here with DD2, I feel your pain. She'll use the potty all day at daycare. Home, nope, "I wanna peepee in my diapy!", "I peed on the floor!", "I peepee in my pants!", "My pants pants are wet!", "Mommy!! I peepee everywhere!!" said as she literally waddles down the hallway trailing a stream of pee across the carpet. You have my sympathy.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Don't feel pressured to get him potty trained from your daycare. When he is ready he will do fine. I didn't push either one of my boys and they both picked it up really quickly. With DS2 he had started taking his diaper off and I told him that if he wanted no diaper he had to go pee in the potty and he said ok and that was that. I finally got brave enough to take him out to a store 2 days ago with no diaper and he didn't have an accident. With my boys if you try to force them to do something they don't want to do, they will fight me tooth and nail.
Teddyandnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:10 AM   #7
GirlFriday13th
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you think he's ready (and you're ready) I highly suggest oh crap potty training. I did it along with several friends and it was a quick pretty smooth transition.
There will be pee on the floor but only for a day or two, hopefully.

P.s I know this is just venting but I wanted to throw it out there because it made a lot of sense to me at a point where I was really frustrated and not sure how to proceed.

Last edited by GirlFriday13th; 07-08-2013 at 05:13 AM.
GirlFriday13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #8
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlFriday13th View Post
If you think he's ready (and you're ready) I highly suggest oh crap potty training. I did it along with several friends and it was a quick pretty smooth transition.
There will be pee on the floor but only for a day or two, hopefully.

P.s I know this is just venting but I wanted to throw it out there because it made a lot of sense to me at a point where I was really frustrated and not sure how to proceed.
So it IS a helpful book. I was nervous to spend money on it to find out, well shoot, I knew all that.

I'll buy it during nap time today and start reading. I'm putting PT on the back burner for several weeks, since today he woke up and refuses to use the potty at all.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

Personally, to me it doesn't sound like he is ready. I would quit for now and try again in a month or so. I am a lazy potty trainer, if I have To constantly follow them around asking if they need to go every 10 minutes and clean up pee all the time, we don't do it. I have potty trained 7 kids now, 2 still in diapers. What I have found is it will click one day and be very easy for them. We never force them or train like you describe.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by 7 for now; 07-08-2013 at 07:50 AM.
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have potty trained hundreds of kids. (I have seriously NEVER had a parent who potty trained their own child. I've had to do every single kid)

Anyway, I give it three days, and if it's not done by the beginning of the third day, we quit and try again in a few months. It's usually done in one day...but sometimes it's a little more.

You can tell by the second day if it's going to fail.

Peer pressure is wonderful. If one kid goes potty over here, they take the rookie with them. The girls love to be head potty trainer for me.