Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Re: Anyone one else have hyperemesis?

I don't have hypermesis, but I do have severe morning sickness. With DD1 I puked several times a day. With DD2 I took unisom b6 and it helped tremendously. I'm pregnant for the third time, and I take unisom and I'm on a very low carb diet. The second I eat starch I feel awful. It's hard because starches are so appealing, but in my case they make it worse.

Advertisement

miriamleigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone one else have hyperemesis?

I've had 3 HG pregnancies.
First wasn't as bad b/c I could just sleep all the time and b/c I could get food down, throw it up and often keep down my second helping. It went away completely by 4 months pregnant.
Second was worst. Baby in diapers needing to be fed. I could not even keep fluids down. I threw up all day every day. I was hospitalized for dehydration twice. I tried a few different prescription suppositories and pills. They only made me drowsy. I seriously thought about killing myself to end it all. I didn't, of course. After the second hospitalization, I was recommended mmj and it enabled me to get food and drinks into my system. I was still nauseous and I still threw up some, but much less so and there was something there to throw up when I did. It ended around 4 months pregnant also.
Those were both boys.
Third I was more mildly sick, and could eat/drink once in a while, but still threw up almost daily, for about 6 months. Dissolving zofran was helpful, but I couldn't really afford it. I was hospitalized for dehydration twice again. The last few months of my pregnancy I was sick less often than daily, but it continued, especially when I would eat and drink at the same time. The last month of my 42+ week pregnancy I felt better and I could *not* stop eating. Nonstop. This one was a girl.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #13
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody
Try benedryl. Really.

I am a 6 time HG survivor. Mine was so severe though that I literally didn't leave my bed for 3 month during 4 pregnancies. I slept 22 hours a day and vomited the other 2.

A zofran pump may help as well. There is also a wrist band device that is FDA approved for HG. I am trying to remember the name but There are success stories on the helpher.org website. Some great tips there as well.
If you were here right now I would bear hug you, twirl you around the room and then plant a big on on ya I tried a benedryl today out of pure desperation. Within 20 mins I felt ........good. Actually good. I enjoyed my afternoon outside with the kids without dry heaving into the bushes every 5mins. Thank you mama! I still can't figure out why it worked, but right now I don't really care.