Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
AmJoyFul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
New Squish pictures(including Imagine Bamboo newborn AIOs and newborn THX and Ashar)

Judah Levi was born on Wednesday, July 3rd. He was smaller than we anticipated. So I am really happy about that. I was afraid I wouldn't get to enjoy all my newborn diapers for very long!

He weighed 8lbs 13oz at birth and by 48+ hours he was down to 7lbs 12oz.

AIO's: Update on Imagine 7-8-13
First we have an Imagine Bamboo Newborn AIO at his birth weight. I love the fit here. His legs were chunky enough to have a nice fit around the leg. They are nice and trim. They do have a short rise though...I anticipate him growing out of these early. Not much on absorbency yet, my milk just came in yesterday, so he is only just having lots of pee today. I will update as I use them more. They did hold a big meconium poop nicely though. Also, they stained. The bamboo terry stained some. It could probably be sunned out, but I didn't care and haven't tried. we had a big EBF poop in one and it held it great. Also i snapped them on the lower snaps and got a nice tight fit around his legs.

Here we have a newborn custom THX. This is the new single gusset style with a hemp soaker(I think 5 layers) with pocket and a charcoal bamboo inner. I anticipate these to soak up a lot of pee. But again haven't had a chance to test it out yet since he is just starting to pee a lot more today. The fit on these is amazing. This picture is his birth weight. They fit on the smallest top snap setting. I think the bottom snaps would be for a smaller baby and to get a tighter fit around the legs. These are sooooooooooooooo very trim!!!! He had a meconium poop in this and it held fine. I don't have a review of EBF poop in these yet though. Because since his meconium he hasn't gone again and my last few babies hardly ever pooped. So it may be a while to get a good idea of how they hold in poop. The fit is nice and tight, so I would think it would be great. They don't leave any marks on his legs.

An original THX newborn DG. The fit is pretty much the same as the single gusset THX, a little bulkier. But still really trim. I put one of these on him sometime in the middle of the night last night and had it leak this AM. But it was at least 5 hours. So it was longer than I would normally go between changes if we hadn't been sleeping. I had one of these hold a meconium poop nicely. It stained very lightly, will sun out for sure. I *think the rise in these is slightly better than the Imagines. THX are much more narrow in the crotch than the Imagine.

Swaddlebees Newborn AIO
Since I was expecting to have a larger baby I thought these would be my favorite. So far I like the THX and Imagine better because he is smaller. As you can see these are very bulky on him at 7lbs 12oz. They are not tight enough in the legs either. I won't be using these until they fit him a little better. The way they fit now they would never hold a big EBF poop.

Here is a Newborn AIO from a sweet Mama in my DDC. She is the owner of Dream It To Be diapers on facebook. This is a new design tester I got from her. As you can see it doesn't fit him under his cord yet. I just put it on for a picture. I can't wait until his cord comes off so I can actually test it! It fits great though on him at 8lbs 13oz.

Here are some more Imagine Bamboo newborn AIO shots at his 7lb 12oz weight.
You can see the legs are looser now, but still not too bad.

Fitteds, prefolds and flats:

Ashar Velour(not sure if they are bamboo or cotton) fitteds newborn size. These are a co op purchase. That is the only way to get them unless you find someone selling used. They come from Pakistan and are very nice quality. (Ashar also sells prefolds and flats, but I don't have any of those) These were very cheap, like $3-$4 a piece I think. Very tiny. But they did fit him at 8lbs 13oz and That was on a smaller setting. So they have a lot of stretch even though at first glance they are SO TINY. They are VERY trim and soooooooooooo soft. He is wearing one now with wool. So I'll update and let you know how they work with him peeing more. I didn't realize I would love wool so much at this stage. I wish I had gotten more longies(I only have two pairs) and about a dozen of these fitteds instead of only 4(and I have 6 of the small size that would probably work after his cord comes off).

Imagine Bamboo Prefolds size small(7-17lbs) They are really nice and soft and they *work*...but they are really wide so are very bulk between the legs. I had to fold down the back a bit also since these are smalls and not newborns.

Imagine Bamboo Flat in a mini kite fold. I this was easier to put on that the prefold, but I didn't achieve a very tight leg. Which really would have mattered if he pooped.

Wool shot and a brag on Piddle Poodles. I was super lucky and also had the Mama behind Piddle Poodles in my DDC. I didn't get any of her diapers, unfortunately, but I did get a TON of clothes from her. Lap tees, gowns and sleepers. They are just AMAZING!! Here is some wool I bought pre-loved from here and a Piddle Poodles lap tee.

He is 4 days old today. I will update as he grows and his peeing and pooping adjusts. I will focus a lot on the Ashar, THX and Imagines. People are ALWAYS looking for reviews with pictures on these diapers(myself included) and there just aren't enough.

Advertisement

Last edited by AmJoyFul; 07-08-2013 at 08:04 PM.
AmJoyFul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: New Squish pictures(including Imagine Bamboo newborn AIOs and newborn THX and Ash

Thanks for sharing! Congrats on your new sweet baby!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
risata
Registered Users
seller

Re: New Squish pictures(including Imagine Bamboo newborn AIOs and newborn THX and Ash

Great pics! I agree that I'm always looking for reviews & pics on these diapers, esp. the Imagines. Congrats on your sweet new baby.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
Alesmom
Registered Users
seller

Welcome to the world Judah! Great pics!
Alesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
Ecdyses
Registered Users
seller

Congrats! I'm trying to figure out what works for my 8 lb 12 oz squish (i was expecting a little baby) born day after yours and this now has me interested in some Imagine AIOs. Do you have the bamboo or the stay dry?
Ecdyses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Congrats mama & such a wonderful name!

Love the retro cars tshirt
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
AmJoyFul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecdyses View Post
Congrats! I'm trying to figure out what works for my 8 lb 12 oz squish (i was expecting a little baby) born day after yours and this now has me interested in some Imagine AIOs. Do you have the bamboo or the stay dry?
Mine are all bamboo.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

Congrats on a beautiful healthy baby and thanks so much for all the newborn reviews! I seem to have 8+ lb babies, so this is very relevant :-)
Old 07-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #9
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

very sweet
Old 07-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #10
loving my family
Registered Users

Thank you for the review I have been looking for them on the imagines, & congratulations on your beautiful healthy baby boy!
loving my family is online now   Reply With Quote