Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Registered Users
Vitamix Question

How smooth does it get things?
When you blend strawberries is the mixture still seedy? What about with other fruits and vegetables?

Colleen- Single Mama to a little trouble maker born Jan. 2010 and a June bug born 2011
spadinicb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Vitamix Question

It gets them so absolutely smooth! It doesn't leave seeds when blending strawberries! Seriously, the thing is amazing. I haven't found a single thing it doesn't blend well.
Busy homeschooling mama to my 3 cute kiddos

My cooking blog-
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
Registered Users

Depends... strawberry seeds in a smoothie, no issue... you don't notice. Strawberry lemonade? Issue. Even the pulp in the lemon juice can't hide those gritty little seeds. But they tend to sink to the bottom- so the first few glasses are fine, and for the rest, the seeds strain out easily, so it isn't a big deal. I honestly don't think that's a flaw with the vitamix though... those seeds are so so tiny that even ground up, they would still be kinda sandy-ish. Ya know? The vitamix breaks a lot of them, but doesn't grind them into powder. In a smoothie or strawberry ice cream, though I promise you won't notice the seeds- it won't seem crunchy at all. It'll just be creamy smooth berry goodness.

I use mine multiple times per day every day. I make so much stuff in it! It gets everything smooth. Hummus comes out smooth like store bought. Every time. Pesto, too. Homemade cream of tomato soup- not a problem... super smooth, seeds and all. It's just little berry seeds in runny drinks... strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, but straining isn't difficult. I also strain nut milks and other juices because I don't like those to be thick. They're smooth and creamy, but the pulp makes them too thick for my tastes. Straining makes them the texture I'm used to.
Nandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I can make blackberry smoothies without it being seedy at all! I love it!
jill-of-all-trades is offline   Reply With Quote