Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
ButtonMama11
Registered Users

CD help!!!! Please!

Hey ya'll,
Well I have a 9 month old baby girl who I had to start CD-ing cause she's severely allergic to disposable diapers. I tried bumgenius 4.0's which kept her from leaking but she still had a rash & my husband hated the snaps. Now we're on thirsties duo aio.. I like them so does my husband but she STILL has a really bad rash! Idk what to do! We use rockin green detergent. She's 18 lbs & a chunky baby... I'm trying to give all the details so I can get some help!

I need help figuring out a type of diaper that may help or any ideas from some experienced cloth mamas!!!!! Please help!

Britanni

Advertisement

ButtonMama11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: CD help!!!! Please!

What does the rash look like? Hs it gotten any better in cloth? I'd see about buying something not synthetic and see if the rash dissipates more.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
klevmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree about trying something without synthetics. I would try some prefolds and covers and see if it improves. Some of my babies did not tolerate pul very well (the waterproof outside part of the diapers you have tried and the fabric many covers are made from), so I had to stick with wool covers for those LOs. I hope you find something that works well for your baby girl :-)

Last edited by klevmomma; 07-06-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: fixing typo
klevmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
auntbee
Registered Users

My dd would get a rash with sposies and with synthetic cloth. We did cotton, mostly prefolds, but there are aio and ai2 that you could try. Her rash was mostly eczema and it didn't bother her as much as it did me. Good luck! I remember all the frustration I felt while trying to figure it out!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:13 AM   #5
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

The materials in disposable diapers are polymers, of which polyester is one type. So if your DD is reacting to the synthetic material of which the disposable is made she may also be reacting to the synthetic material of a washable polyester diaper. I would really look into some cotton fitteds or at least some cotton prefolds and see if that improves things. She might benefit from some air to her bum. Cotton diapers and wool covers are the most breathable and natural diapering system. I can give you some links to my favorites if you'd like, or just look at some of your favorite diaper stores and see what they offer. Good luck!
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
ButtonMama11
Registered Users

So I went to the dr today cause I was freaking out... She has a yeast infection! Now hopefully it gets better fast! What diapers are similar to bumgenius & thristies? I love them but man are they expensive!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
fantasia1117
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

BG are my favorites! But I also have some Diaper Safari pockets too and I like them as well. They are also suede cloth lined with a belly strip of PUL, but they have both ends open so inserts agitate out in the wash. Right now they are having a B1G! sale through July 7th.
WOHM Mama to my two boys DS#1 (12/30/2007) and DS#2 (10/7/2010). Married to my amazing DH since 7/23/2005.
fantasia1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #8
tuxgirl
Registered Users

Be sure to bleach diapers during/after the yeast infection. I bleach mine with every load, but I know lots of people don't. It is important to prevent reintroduction of the yeast, though.
tuxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #9
auntbee
Registered Users

Yes, make sure to treat all the cloth diapers, otherwise the yeast infection could come back because it's still in the dipes.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
ButtonMama11
Registered Users

Thanks everyone!