View Poll Results: 3 or 4 kids
3 14 23.33%
4 35 58.33%
other 11 18.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #31
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Three or Four?

3. It's how many I have and how many fit in my vehicle and I don't want to buy a new one any time soon. If we had another girl, my then 10yo would eventually have to share a room with a baby/toddler. If we had another boy, it would be 3 boys all in one room. I don't like either scenario.

Advertisement

Read about our homeschool journey here.
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #32
camo_diapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Im one of 4 and I have 4. It was really hard at first when my baby showed up. But things are going pretty smooth now. I had my four in 6 years so they are pretty close in age.
They do play nicely when they pair off. But im looking forward to my baby being able to run around and join in with the big 3. I also considered the rollercoaster aspect as we like to do Disney every year or two. Baby 4 has been such a blessing. She is the sweetest baby. We sort of planed on 4 kids. Im not willing to say im done. But we are done for now. Might go for 2 more in a few years. See if I want to start over again lol.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #33
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

I voted 4 even though I have 3 and will always have 3. DH has been snipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
We have 3 girls. The ONLY reason I MIGHT contemplate another is I always wanted both sexes, but odds aren't good.
We have those odds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
i voted four because that's how many i have, and it's perfect. i would totally love more, but dh would probably kill me.
This is why we have 3. I really think DH woud be very very overwhelmed with 4. I'm fine with my 3 boys, but if some terrible accident (read: miracle) happened, I'd be thrilled, I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE View Post
3 isn't fun here. We have 3 boys, and there is always an odd man out, someone is always being "excluded" or picked on. Pairs would be far easier.
This is my problem with 3. Anytime there are three, I think it's harder. Also, my big boys are very close in age, but I worry that the baby will feel left out because he's sooo much younger.
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #34
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it really depends on each family. I know some who have said "we've always wanted 4" but they are a complete disaster. Right now we have 3 (all 4 years apart) for us it works. Our son is 10, the DD is 6 and DD2 is 2. The age gap keeps me sane. I don't know if I would like it if I had them all super close. Other people like them super close to get it all done at once. I personally like to have enough time to devote to each newborn and enjoy them ... I couldn't do that with another little toddler.
We are currently talking about number 4 some time in the future but I never set out to say this is how many kids we will have. I felt complete after 2 then wanted another one. I have felt there is someone else for our family so I imagine we'll have 4. We make good money, can provide a nice lifestyle and activities we wish to participate in. I can give enough time since I'm a stay at home mom and I look forward to a nice size family with lots of grand babies!!
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #35
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

lol

and omg i am weird with odd numbers too! we want a big family and i always tell dh it has to be 6 or 8 kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
Four. I don't like odd numbers.

Except if you drive a sedan. Then your sol unless you can tie on to the roof.

Kidding.