Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
LittleRox11
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Choosing a brand

I have tried out my cloth diapers and have narrowed down my choices for what I will buy. I really like gdiapers but the Velcro won't hold up as well as snaps, and because they are not OS, I will have to buy quite a few, and they aren't the most economical. Alvas worked good for us and are cheap but I have heard bad things about them not lasting long. Has anyone used alvas and had good experiences?

Advertisement

LittleRox11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I liked Alvas for the price, but they aren't my favorite. We love BG 4.0s.

You'll find people either love or hate GDiapers. I never tried them because I read too many bad reviews.
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Choosing a brand

I'd encourage you to try a few types before you buy a lot of one diaper. I went with g diapers at first but decided they have way too many parts and leaked often with the cloth inserts. I found it annoying to have to separate everything to wash it to just have to snap the pouches back in after washing. I also bought a lot of grovia AI2s because everyone loves them but sadly they didn't work for my son so here I am 9 months later destashing my g diapers and grovia and trying out other options.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
I did research and didn't care for g diapers or grovia. I went with pockets but trial and write as they aren't the same and I need specific things. It just took me a long time to fine them all them but sadly some are dying on the inside. I'm one of those that finds like one thing that works and stays with it to the end unless I have to change.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
LadyR28
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I did not try the gdiapers and alvas because I was discouraged by the negative reviews I read and heard. But one thing I can tell you I love alvas' bamboo inserts.

Right now I have oBGEs & BG 4.0s and so far it is working for us. No leaks or any issues. I understand that it might get expensive trying all the diapers out there just to find the right one for you but you can always trade the CD u have for something that you want to try or keep. Goodluck!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #6
adreab
Registered Users

Re: Choosing a brand

I have some that are like alvas they work and get the job done.. But I love my Chelory... more money but they are made in america by a WAHM, work amazing and hold their value! I have lots from WAHMs and they are my favorites because I know I am supporting a person and not a factor in China.. BUt you can cloth with Alvas and they will most likely work just fine for cheap just remember when it comes to resell you won't make back much of your money..
adreab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #7
FulHouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Another chelory fan here. It is my whole stash. Little one is about to turn 2. She saves up her pee now though so I have to stuff them and both my big hemp inserts and my alva bamboo inserts are fantastic inside the Chelorys. And Chelorys rock in cuteness.
FulHouse is offline   Reply With Quote