Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
a.merical
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Stuffed animals. She has about 30 on her bed and they each have names, birthdays, mommy's and daddys. She also loves playing in the dirt outside; making mudpies and castles.

Advertisement

Thankful SAHM to 'J' (06) 'P' (08) & 'K' (12)
a.merical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #12
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What does your 4 yr old daughter play with?

iPads
Figure play sets from the Disney Store (we have all but 2 of the sets)
A large wooden castle (Melissa & Doug) & a large pink doll house
Several logic toys & about 7-8 different block sets (check out FatBrainToys)
Wooden tracks & trains
Stompers, balance board, bikes, trampoline, swing set, stomp rocket, they love making sand castles with several plastic castle molds
They love playing around our koi pond & finding the wildlife that visits
Dress up stuff
Tons of arts & crafts - they're really into dot-to-dots /painting/coloring
Kitchen & accessories - they love tea sets
Schleich animals
My little pony & strawberry shortcake
They play our piano daily & although I will not have them go to music lessons for another year or two they both have created several songs they repeat but have also evolved over time to sound better & better
They adore helping to care for & ride our horses that live on a farm within 10 min of us
They don't play with their baby dolls or accessories - like never

Last edited by raymark; 07-09-2013 at 02:28 PM.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #13
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Attachment 148126

They've played with this several times a week for about the last 2 years

Last edited by raymark; 01-14-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #14
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

K is 4. She LOVES her dolls and accessories. She's a bag lady so she loves to put stuff into bags and carry it around, pretending she's going on vacation or to school lol. Also, her kitchen stuff and lots of arts and crafts.
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #15
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post
iPads
Figure play sets from the Disney Store (we have all but 2 of the sets)
A large wooden castle (Melissa & Doug) & a large pink doll house
Several logic toys & about 7-8 different block sets (check out FatBrainToys)
Wooden tracks & trains
Stompers, balance board, bikes, trampoline, swing set, stomp rocket, they love making sand castles with several plastic castle molds
They love playing around our koi pond & finding the wildlife that visits
Dress up stuff
Tons of arts & crafts - they're really into dot-to-dots /painting/coloring
Kitchen & accessories - they love tea sets
Schleich animals
My little pony & strawberry shortcake
They play our piano daily & although I will not have them go to music lessons for another year or two they both have created several songs they repeat but have also evolved over time to sound better & better
They adore helping to care for & ride our horses that live on a farm within 10 min of us
They don't play with their baby dolls or accessories - like never
This list is just full of great ideas op. Why don't you go out and buy some horses and locate the stables right next to the koi pond you put in your backyard. I can lend you a shovel if you need one.

If you don't want to do that how about you just buy a piano. I prefer our baby grand but perhaps you have something else in mind.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #16
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
This list is just full of great ideas op. Why don't you go out and buy some horses and locate the stables right next to the koi pond you put in your backyard. I can lend you a shovel if you need one.

If you don't want to do that how about you just buy a piano. I prefer our baby grand but perhaps you have something else in mind.
Danner, the OP lives in IA. It is very inexpensive to maintain a horse in IA & common for families from all economic backgrounds to have horses in IA. Many horses are free to a good home or low cost from rescues. We got our Standardbred from a harness racing family outside of Altoona, IA for free. I don't know what resources the OP has, but her DD loves being outdoors & is a bit of a tomboy. Ridding lessons cost less per month than most dance classes & also require fewer parent purchased accessories (you just need jeans & boots).

We purchased our last piano from Keys 4 Kids, a 501c-3 striving to give all children access to the gift of music. Pianos can be purchased for as little as $100 and are often also found for free on CraigsList. Toy pianos & other instruments are fun for many young children.

I did actually did dig our koi pond with a shovel by hand as no heavy equipment could get into our back yard. And yes, for a nature loving family constructing a small backyard pond is not difficult or expensive and can be done in one weekend. in rural areas in IA many landscaping supplies are easily found for free. Farmers have rock piles they will pay to make disappear. It is also popular for families in IA to build turtle habitats in their back yards & great fun for outdoor loving kids.

The question was what do your kids play with. I'm sorry if what my children have access to upsets you, but do you really need to poke fun at someone because you perceive that person as having financial means?

I answered the OPs question as it applied to my family. I hope it gave her ideas or initiated brain storming. If some of my ideas are outside of her financial preferences (I have no idea what her preferences are) any of them can be made more or less costly. Perhaps she doesn't like plastic toys or disney princess, IDK, but my kids have fun with plastic princesses so I added that to my list too.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #17
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:
No need to apologize, raymark.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #18
LauraI
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow, what's up with the rudeness? I know lots of people with koi ponds and pianos and horses. And not just rich people, either.

As for 4-5 year olds, mine plays with her My Little Ponies and Schleich farm animals a lot. She loves to play Candy Land, Go Fish, and Dominoes with me. She likes to draw, color, and cut out shapes. She got a Kindle Fire for her 5th birthday, and we LOVE to read, to color on it, and to play Cut The Rope. Unfortunately, the baby dolls and toy kitchen are kind of ignored around here.
LauraI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #19
Paislie98
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yikes, didn't mean to stir up anything! All responses are much appreciated! We just need some fresh ideas. We are bored. I think a lot of it is that I'm a teacher and we go go go the first part of summer then when it is about half over and it gets hotter we tend to stay in more and cabin fever sets in. Lol. All great ideas, I had thought about a stomp rocket, is that a one time cool thing or something to keep playing with?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #20
Paislie98
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraI View Post
Wow, what's up with the rudeness? I know lots of people with koi ponds and pianos and horses. And not just rich people, either.

As for 4-5 year olds, mine plays with her My Little Ponies and Schleich farm animals a lot. She loves to play Candy Land, Go Fish, and Dominoes with me. She likes to draw, color, and cut out shapes. She got a Kindle Fire for her 5th birthday, and we LOVE to read, to color on it, and to play Cut The Rope. Unfortunately, the baby dolls and toy kitchen are kind of ignored around here.
The is us too. We have the toy kitchen shell play with once in a blue moon but its more for catching dust than plates and pans! She loves my iPad too!