Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
GBS

With dd I was gbs - With ds I was gbs positive but got 4 hellacious rounds of abx. This time I want to be negative again. What can I do and when should I start? I'm about 28 weeks!

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
Erinne
Registered Users

Re: GBS

Yogurt and garlic, and you could do garlic up your, um, birth area too if you want. I didn't test with dd because I'm allergic to the meds anyway, but that's what I did and it was fine. It's actually totally normal to have GBS and most people's status changes very often.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
miriamleigh
Registered Users

I've had several friends who tested negative after previous positive pregnancies by drinking a tablespoon of Braggs apple cider vinegar. You can add it to hot water with honey and it tastes like hot apple cider. I would also do yogurt and garlic.
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
[QUOTE="Erinne"actually totally normal to have GBS and most people's status changes very often.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I have had some issues with it this pregnancy but never have before in my life. I never tested positive in the past either. My OB says it is just a luck of the draw and that most people's status changes frequently and that there is nothing I can do. So far, I have eaten lots of yogurt, taken probiotics and am getting ready to try kefir (just bought it today to try). I am becoming further convinced that it is outside of my control though :-(

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
mama2tommy
Registered Users
seller

I tested + last time too. This time my MW has me doing the herbal protocol ahead of the test - I started at 35 weeks. I don't have the details with me on dosage, but basically it involved Vit C, Echinecea, Garlic, Probiotics, and Grapefruit Seed Oil. You can also do a hibiclens wash (a friend of mine had her GBS swab at an OBs office, and even did a wash there, while she was peeing in a cup, right before the swab).
Old 07-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
mama2tommy
Registered Users
seller

I tested + last time too. This time my MW has me doing the herbal protocol ahead of the test - I started at 35 weeks. I don't have the details with me on dosage, but basically it involved Vit C, Echinecea, Garlic, Probiotics, and Grapefruit Seed Oil. You can also do a hibiclens wash (a friend of mine had her GBS swab at an OBs office, and even did a wash there, while she was peeing in a cup, right before the swab).
Old 07-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can definitely do the probiotics thing, but the other thing you can consider is just declining the test! Look at your risk factors for transmitting the infection to the baby (are you high risk for a pre-term baby, or for laboring with your water broken for a long time, or have you had a GBS bladder infection in this pregnancy, etc.?) and go from there. (If you want more info on GBS transmission risks, I can send you a very thorough link.)
I have declined the test in my last two pregnancies, and will again this time, along with taking probiotics to improve the likelihood that I don't have it anyways.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
michiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://www.nurturingheartsbirthservices.com/blog/?p=790
Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cricket~ View Post
You can definitely do the probiotics thing, but the other thing you can consider is just declining the test! Look at your risk factors for transmitting the infection to the baby (are you high risk for a pre-term baby, or for laboring with your water broken for a long time, or have you had a GBS bladder infection in this pregnancy, etc.?) and go from there. (If you want more info on GBS transmission risks, I can send you a very thorough link.)
I have declined the test in my last two pregnancies, and will again this time, along with taking probiotics to improve the likelihood that I don't have it anyways.
link please bc i have none of what you listed!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK here's the link. It's the clinical guidelines for midwives in Ontario. Some of the research is kind of heavy to get through, but if you have a minute or two to sit and wade through it, it's not too difficult to understand.
http://www.aom.on.ca/files/Health_Ca..._2012FINAL.pdf
I've only got a minute right now, but if you'd like, I can go through and copy and paste some of the pertinent sections to this thread later on.