Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
On Facebook, a new mom posted a picture of he 1 week old sucking on a chocolate bar. I messaged her to let her know that it could really hurt her baby and all he should have is formula or breast milk at this age. I was very nice about it and made sure to compliment him and her as well. She blew me off saying her grandpa had always fed the babies "real food". What else can I do?

Advertisement

alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
Mom2lucy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nothing. Sounds like she's going to do whatever she wants.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Mom2lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Giving a newborn chocolate

yikes. all you can do is be thankful you know better i guess! poor baby
Old 07-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my. I thought it was bad when my friend's sister gave her 6mo a chocolate bar to suck on. Honestly, there really isn't anything more you can do for her. She wasn't receptive and IMO it isn't worth giving myself a headache over someone who doesn't care. It's so sad, and that poor baby is going to have silver teeth before Kindergarten, but it's out of your hands.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm worried the baby is going to get really hurt or even die. Do you think informing her pediatrician would be crossing a line?
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxmegan View Post
I'm worried the baby is going to get really hurt or even die. Do you think informing her pediatrician would be crossing a line?
Yes, but That is just horribly bad parenting, IMO.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
wyatt09
Registered Users

My Mood:

oh my!!!!!!!
Started off with 1 and we call her "sum",next was baby number two...I was buying "blue",baby number three I was "seeing more pink" and by this Christmas 2013.. a NEW gift for me! We are a Breast-feeding,baby wearing,cloth diapering,mama clothing,circ'ing,vaxing kinda family!
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxmegan View Post
Yea. If you truly feel its that bad then the only people IMHO you should call is CPS. And they won't do anything. Its very sad, but she clearly doesn't care she might be wrong... :/

Last edited by mibarra; 07-14-2013 at 07:15 PM.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #9
AubrisMommy213
Registered Users

I seriously don't think its THAT serious. The baby isn't going to DIE from eating a small amount of chocolate. No it isn't GOOD for them but, calling CPS?????? No. Absolutely not. Have you also called CPS on all the parents of obese/overweight children? that's a hole lot more serious to me than letting a baby suck on a chocolate bar...
AubrisMommy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #10
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxmegan
On Facebook, a new mom posted a picture of he 1 week old sucking on a chocolate bar. I messaged her to let her know that it could really hurt her baby and all he should have is formula or breast milk at this age. I was very nice about it and made sure to compliment him and her as well. She blew me off saying her grandpa had always fed the babies "real food". What else can I do?
Yikes! sadly, there is nothing more that you can do. It's not illegal and it didn't harm the baby (most likely) so there is nothing to call anyone about. I think it would take something like the baby having a severe, life threatening allergic reaction to eating it and then her repeating this for anyone to get involved. If feeding your child unhealthy foods were a crime, nearly every child in America would be in foster care.

That just might beat BIL and his girlfriend feeding their 3month Nutella as his first food. Chocolate, nuts, and dairy.but at least they waited until he could sit semi supported. Geesh. 1 week.
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote