Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
Bump2b
Registered Users
seller

Have I lost $130?

I found a WAHM. She had 100% positive feedback and so I checked out her FB page and requested some customs. This began in April....well I paid an initial deposit after the WAHM told me she purchases tracking and insurance and required a 50% deposit. I paid over 50% and we discussed what I needed and April 30th I sent her the measurements and finalized the design requirements. After that she delayed repeatedly until finally providing a shipping estimate on the 26th (initially items were supposed to ship on the 13th!!) I asked if this included insurance and she said if it didn't she would let me know. She finally shipped on the 30th of April....

Well the items didn't arrive by the 19th of June so I asked for a tracking number, (didn't get one in reply). On the 28th I requested that she claim the insurance but she replied assuring me that she was told items would take 4/5 weeks to ship. I allowed another week even though I have never had items take that long (usual is a week and a half since I live in Australia). She did finally send me a tracking number but it came up blank on USPS....

Finally on the 9th after speaking to my postman and Australia Post (who told me the item never arrived in Australia) I asked her to claim the insurance. At this point she tells me she didn't pay for insurance and since then has refused to answer my messages. I put the transactions on the paypal resolution centre and the finally today I escalated one transaction to a dispute. The other one is already closed because it is past 45 days...I am not even sure how the 2nd one got in because both were past 45 days! I know she has been online. I did offer for her to pay me back slowly or to find some other way to resolve the situation but, like I said, she hasn't replied to my messages at all.

I finally left negative feedback today (I told her that if she didn't reply to my messages I would be forced to assume that she did not want to resolve the matter). Is there anything I can do to get my money back? I went to the bank today and disputed the transactions there because I used my visa debit card to fund my paypal. I am not sure that I will be refunded though....

Advertisement

Last edited by Bump2b; 07-11-2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: To be more vague!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Bump2b
Registered Users
seller

Re: Have I lost $130?

Sorry that should say she finally shipped 30th of May!

Last edited by Bump2b; 07-11-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think you might need to edit your post to make it more vague. We aren't allowed to "out" people.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
Bump2b
Registered Users
seller

Is that vague enough?
What do I need to leave out?
Old 07-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump2b View Post
Is that vague enough?
What do I need to leave out?
Seems better to me but I'm not Mod. BTW, that sucks.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and that sucks. I would be livid.

Did you pay with a credit card, can you do a reversal of charges?

Last edited by Nerissa; 07-11-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
All a person has to do is go look and see who you left negative feedback for and they will know who you are talking about.
But she never mentioned her etsy account name?

That really, really stinks I agree- if you paid with card, you can go that route for sure.

I totally see why there is the 45 day limit on PP, but it also drives me nuts for these very reasons.

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #8
Bump2b
Registered Users
seller

I did file a dispute since I paid with my debit card, it was a little confusing though. On the phone they said it would cost me $10 to look into each dispute and they could only "see" the last payment and suggested I go into a branch and that I might not get the money back. At the branch they said it costs nothing and the lady wasn't sure who they would be claiming against...paypal or the WAHM....
Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #9
Bump2b
Registered Users
seller

[

I totally see why there is the 45 day limit on PP, but it also drives me nuts for these very reasons.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately now I have asked the next WAHM that I have asked a custom from that I only pay a small deposit and then the full amount once completed....so that I can file a dispute if it doesn't turn up in 45 days. So sad that I have to deal this way now....

I finally just got a reply back-she says she isn't responsible because I asked her if the shipping included insurance after I had already made payments! However she stated at the start that she gets tracking and insurance and then I did ask for it again before she sent the items...and she said she would let me know if there was a big difference (she didn't) then later on when I mentioned that I was glad I got insurance (when the items were already a few weeks late) she didn't say anything....
Old 07-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #10
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

She is responsible for the item getting to you. Her purchasing insurance covers herself in situations like this.

I would continue with the paypal dispute that you have open and you should win because the tracking doesn't show movement. For the other charge that you can't dispute in PP I would go into your bank, speak with a supervisor and open a chargeback on that one as well. Even if it costs a few bucks I'd do it on principle.

ETA: The chargeback is held against the sellers PP account. See this link for more info - https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/chargeback-faq

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene

Last edited by sojomisa; 07-11-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Closed Thread