Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
litigatrix
Registered Users
seller

Re: Have I lost $130?

I'm sorry, that really sucks. I'm not sure Paypal will be much help here, but I hope they are. I would push for your Visa debit card to take care of it. In the future I would also use a credit card through PayPal, not a debit card (even one with a Visa or Mastercard logo) to give yourself as much protection as possible.

Also, I think that if PP learns you are disputing a tx through your credit card/debit card, they will close their investigation. Since usually the CC/DC gives you more than the 45 days PP provides to open a dispute, it's often best to let the PP process run its course and then dispute through your CC/DC if you do not get the right resolution through PP. I'm sorry this happened to you, and I hope you get your money back. I imagine that Etsy provides in its rules that it is the seller's responsibility to insure packages or otherwise assume the risk of loss. At least, that is the rule on eBay.

Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #12
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
But she never mentioned her etsy account name?

That really, really stinks I agree- if you paid with card, you can go that route for sure.

I totally see why there is the 45 day limit on PP, but it also drives me nuts for these very reasons.
My response was in response to the pre-edited post

I will delete it if you can edit your response.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #13
Bump2b
Registered Users
seller

It wasn't through etsy, most of our conversation was on Facebook. I thought I was paying for the insurance and said I would pay extra for it if it wasn't included in the shipping quote she had given me. I have already sent the paperwork through for the visa claim so unfortunately I can't take it back, so I guess paypal will close the dispute... I am hoping there won't be a next time....and I don't have a credit card.....I hate having to worry about making payments in case I forget...which is why I was so quick to pay her before she had finished the items! I guess I can ask to use my husband's but I don't necessarily want him to know how much I spend on fluff! Thanks everyone for your replies! It is sad that we need to know these things and I guess others have been burnt as well or you wouldn't be so knowledgable...
Old 07-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #14
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump2b View Post
It wasn't through etsy, most of our conversation was on Facebook. I thought I was paying for the insurance and said I would pay extra for it if it wasn't included in the shipping quote she had given me. I have already sent the paperwork through for the visa claim so unfortunately I can't take it back, so I guess paypal will close the dispute... I am hoping there won't be a next time....and I don't have a credit card.....I hate having to worry about making payments in case I forget...which is why I was so quick to pay her before she had finished the items! I guess I can ask to use my husband's but I don't necessarily want him to know how much I spend on fluff! Thanks everyone for your replies! It is sad that we need to know these things and I guess others have been burnt as well or you wouldn't be so knowledgable...
FYI---feedback cannot be left here for a transaction that took place on Facebook.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #15
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Where did you leave feedback? If the transaction was thru etsy or FB you
can't leave feedback on DS

ETA: I see that was just covered LOL
Old 07-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #16
Serafina33
Registered Users

Hugs to you. I consider all transactions done outside of reputable websites such as Amazon (including all WAHM, etsy, and ebay transactions) to be 'at my own risk.' I consciously take the leap of faith each time I order that there is a small chance I'll be simply 'out' that money and receive nothing in return. I've been getting so many great bargains via internet shopping for over a decade that I just consider it the price I pay for shopping online on sites other than, say, Amazon. I've been burned once or twice and it feels so awful, so dirty. I've tried not to take it personally and as the years go by I remind myself of all the runaway bargains I walked away with, all the money saved getting things for a steal that I would have needed to buy at full retail anyways..... that I try to deal with it and remind myself that at the end of the day they have to look in the mirror and realize on some level that they don't have impeccable integrity. And I get to be me and know that I would never deliberately cheat anyone. It's not much but it's some consolation.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just a PSA about credit card / bank disputes....be VERY careful how you word you info for them...

Dh paid for $6000 items with his credit card...items were delivered with missing parts and non-working. He contacted the seller and they agreed to do a return...DH returned the items we had received (tracking and everything)....we NEVER got the refund. When we went to the bank (capital one) to file a dispute it was denied because there was no "fraud"....they told us that because we AGREED to the purchase in the first place that there was no fraud there, our bad for returning the items....it was (and still is) a HUGE mess and makes my head hurt everytime I think about it....I NEVER trust those credit card protection programs....we should have just said we never authorized the purchase

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
Old 07-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #18
Bump2b
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
Just a PSA about credit card / bank disputes....be VERY careful how you word you info for them...

Dh paid for $6000 items with his credit card...items were delivered with missing parts and non-working. He contacted the seller and they agreed to do a return...DH returned the items we had received (tracking and everything)....we NEVER got the refund. When we went to the bank (capital one) to file a dispute it was denied because there was no "fraud"....they told us that because we AGREED to the purchase in the first place that there was no fraud there, our bad for returning the items....it was (and still is) a HUGE mess and makes my head hurt everytime I think about it....I NEVER trust those credit card protection programs....we should have just said we never authorized the purchase
That's awful!! Such a lot of money I really hope you get a refund. it is unfair when we go to so much effort to cover ourselves (by asking for or purchasing insurance) that we can still get burnt in this manner.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #19
Bump2b
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafina33 View Post
Hugs to you. I consider all transactions done outside of reputable websites such as Amazon (including all WAHM, etsy, and ebay transactions) to be 'at my own risk.' I consciously take the leap of faith each time I order that there is a small chance I'll be simply 'out' that money and receive nothing in return. I've been getting so many great bargains via internet shopping for over a decade that I just consider it the price I pay for shopping online on sites other than, say, Amazon. I've been burned once or twice and it feels so awful, so dirty. I've tried not to take it personally and as the years go by I remind myself of all the runaway bargains I walked away with, all the money saved getting things for a steal that I would have needed to buy at full retail anyways..... that I try to deal with it and remind myself that at the end of the day they have to look in the mirror and realize on some level that they don't have impeccable integrity. And I get to be me and know that I would never deliberately cheat anyone. It's not much but it's some consolation.
thanks serafina! it is a bit of a consolation! It is kind of funny though it sounds stupid but recently I was kind of nice to another WAHM who was having some problems (she went AWOL and a lot of customers were complaining about not recieving goods on time, etc..turned out she was separating from her husband) I sent her a cheer up parcel with chocolate biscuits and some hard-to-find fabric, etc and all turned out well, she returned and got things back on track.....so I guess I shouldn't feel this way but I feel like I don't DESERVE to be treated badly because I have treated others well myself...but that is pretty stupid of me, I guess, I hear about karma and all and it hasn't quite worked out that way! Although I did have another mum on a FB site offer to end me some free woolies to help me out after she heard what happened! That was really sweet of her!!! I am trying not to let it affect the way I am dealing with other WAHMs but I feel kind of bad now when I ask them to do things in a certain way because it might seem like I don't trust them...
Old 07-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #20
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Try calling PP and explaining the situation, give dates. PP has approved claims past the 45 day mark, it's more likely they would approve yours because international shipping takes longer. But, I've never heard of PP allowing disputes done online, just from the buyer calling PP.
Closed Thread