Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Peaches

So how do you slice peaches easily! How do you remove the pit? I love sliced peaches (its just not the same eating it whole), but I can't figure out how to do it without destroying the peach and/or injuring myself

Advertisement

~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You need to buy the right kind of peach. Freestone peaches are firmer and the seed (stone) is barely attached to the inner flesh. They are best for slicing. Clingstone peaches are softer, sweeter, and the seed is nearly impossible to remove from the flesh. They are best eaten whole, like an apple.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #3
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki
You need to buy the right kind of peach. Freestone peaches are firmer and the seed (stone) is barely attached to the inner flesh. They are best for slicing. Clingstone peaches are softer, sweeter, and the seed is nearly impossible to remove from the flesh. They are best eaten whole, like an apple.
How can you tell which is which? Usually the sign just says "peaches" and the price.
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
pagetm
Registered Users
seller

Re: Peaches

Yes! It's so irritating when the seed splits in half during cutting.

I've had good luck using a sharp knife to cut the peach into quarters. Then, with the knife still inserted between the last two slices, I apply a gentle twisting pressure, which loosens the first slice. Then I can use my hands to twist the other three slices off the seed. This works even when the seed breaks in half. Occasionally there is a bit of seed residue to cut away from the inside of the peach slices, but that's easy to do once they're free from the seed.

And of course all of this depends on getting a peach that's ripe enough to cut, dismantle and eat pleasantly. It's that time of year, though. Yum!
pagetm is offline   Reply With Quote