Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
Kait5757
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have never gotten frustrated with selling, until this past 2 weeks! Usually someone makes an offer, I respond agreeing to the offer and giving my pp address, then mark the thread as pending (assuming when the person gets online again they will see it and pay and it'll be sold). Well, 3 times in the past 2 weeks I have had offers, agreed with my pp, and then.... Nothing. I wait 2 days and ask if they are still interested. 1 has then responded with "no thank you" and their reason, but NO response from the other 2.
Is it just me, or isn't it common courtesy to tell someone you aren't interested anymore? And why would you offer an amount if you weren't planning on buying when the seller accepted your offer??
I'm sorry, just so frustrated because we are trying to move and I lost 2 sales because I said the items were pending when someone else was interested.

Advertisement

Last edited by Kait5757; 07-13-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Kait5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: When do you mark items as pending?

I don't mark pending anymore.
The selling etiquette on DS isn't what it used to be.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

I don't mark for pending unless it's special circumstances, like I have an absolute guarantee from the buyer that they are going to buy, but they have to wait a day or two for payday or they request to be invoiced.

Since I don't say pending, I usually tell the next person interested that I have a wait list and give them their number and a time that I will be back to them if the sale/s falls through.
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
PurpleMushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, people are really inconsiderate. I wouldn't bother marking as pending, too many flakes. I like the above wait list suggestion.
PurpleMushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
Kait5757
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMushie
Yeah, people are really inconsiderate. I wouldn't bother marking as pending, too many flakes. I like the above wait list suggestion.
I just don't get what's so hard about saying, "I've decided to not buy this". It's not like I would be mad!! And why make an offer if you aren't planning on purchasing?? Idk, I guess common courtesy isn't common anymore.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kait5757 View Post

I just don't get what's so hard about saying, "I've decided to not buy this". It's not like I would be mad!! And why make an offer if you aren't planning on purchasing?? Idk, I guess common courtesy isn't common anymore.
Fear of confrontation, I imagine. I can't think of a reason other than that, beyond being flaky.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #7
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

I mark items pending after the person asks for my paypal address and also says when they are going to pay. If they don't pay within the promised timeframe, I message to ask if they still want it. If not, I move on to the next person or remove the pending hold. If I'm just "thinking about" buying something, I subscribe to the thread rather than bothering the person if I am not serious.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not flaky, at least I don't think so. I recently had a conversation where I waited a week for the person to get back to me (she said she would) and when she did she said she would throw in free shipping and some play condition leggings, but she was vague on what kind of packaging it would fit in. I asked her to clarify and she did answer but by then I had gotten very busy and I wasn't sure how to reply to her because I still felt she didn't give me all of the info I needed. I meant to get back to her that I was a bit too busy to think about the transaction, but I never did. She probably thinks I'm a bit of a jerk, and I'm sorry for that, but her comm was a bit clunky and it was making the transaction hard for me. So that's one story about why a usually unflaky person could flake out.

Sorry you're being frustrated lately.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #9
Kait5757
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner
I'm not flaky, at least I don't think so. I recently had a conversation where I waited a week for the person to get back to me (she said she would) and when she did she said she would throw in free shipping and some play condition leggings, but she was vague on what kind of packaging it would fit in. I asked her to clarify and she did answer but by then I had gotten very busy and I wasn't sure how to reply to her because I still felt she didn't give me all of the info I needed. I meant to get back to her that I was a bit too busy to think about the transaction, but I never did. She probably thinks I'm a bit of a jerk, and I'm sorry for that, but her comm was a bit clunky and it was making the transaction hard for me. So that's one story about why a usually unflaky person could flake out.

Sorry you're being frustrated lately.
I think you were justified there
It's just made me want to donate my stuff instead!
Old 07-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't mark pending. If someone asks for my pp then I send it and try to remember to give them a time to pay--usually 12 to 24 hours depending on when they ask for pp. If that time goes by and someone else is interested then I go to the next person.