View Poll Results: Who supplies shipping insurance?
WAHM always purchases insurance 10 41.67%
buyer always purchases insurance 5 20.83%
FSOT seller purchases insurance 6 25.00%
other 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Shipping Insurance???

Just curious. Who is responsible to purchase it?? Does it change if its a WAHM item, store item, or FSOT item??

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Shipping Insurance???

it is the seller's responsibility
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Seller needs to purchase insurance for any product they are unwilling/unable to refund themselves
Old 07-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It seems there are so many opinions
For me, i provide insurance for anything i cant replace with funds or goods. so like a $4 cover, i probably wont get insurance but if it got lost id just refund.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
Old 07-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedanzer View Post
Seller needs to purchase insurance for any product they are unwilling/unable to refund themselves
my opinion exactly if i cant replace it or refund it(or dont want to lol) i get insurance. i had so much more eloquent thoughts before i took my mmigraine meds:/
Old 07-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
2much2luv
Registered Users
seller
seller

I only learned on here within the last few months that it is the seller's responsibility. For some reason (maybe because insurance is optional and "encouraged" on so many WAHM shops) I always thought it was the buyer's responsibility.
2much2luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #7
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

It does stink royally when you do have to refund for something you KNOW you mailed. The longer you are in business, whether a FSOT seller or WAHM, the more likely at least one of your packages goes missing in post office land. Of course we all wish it's on the $2 item, but again once we as the seller drop it off at the post office it's outside of our control. Insurance isn't a guaranteed, you file a claim and you instantly get your money back either though. Post office is much more likely to find that you "improperly packed" your item vs paying out for a claim. And for items lost in transit, the post office "acceptable time for delivery" often is MUCH longer then the buyers acceptable time to wait.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #8
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

The seller. Who ever that is, WAHM, FSOT, online retailer, brick and mortar online sale. If the package isn't delivered the onus is on that seller to make it right. Paypal and the credit card companies will side with the buyer. Insurance is a cost of doing business, not insuring something you can't afford to refund is a risk of doing business.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Please do keep in mind that you can at least get your postage back, if an item does not get delivered. Depending on the grace of station manager, it could take some wrangling or it could be a quick and painless process, but the USPS will refund your postage on a lost package.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Seller is the one who has to purchase it. WAHM, FSOT, it doesn't matter. It's their job to purchase it to cover their on rear when purchasing postage.