Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Popsicle recipes

I have a shiny new popsicle mold coming and I'm looking for some fresh fruit + dairy or non-dairy recipes, either using a blender or not. What do you make?

Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Popsicle recipes

I've made these a few times
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fresh-F...l.aspx?evt19=1

The sugar is a sliding scale depending on what fruit I am using, what time of the year it is, and the type of yogurt used. It sets up better with regular yogurt rather than Greek yogurt. I did try honey instead of sugar one time, and I won't do it again.

I nearly always add bananas to whatever fruit mixture I have chosen because the blended bananas add a certain creaminess that plain berries lack.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just did a can of coconut milk, a can of pineapple, two cups (the choboni kind, not the 8 oz kind) and a handful of spinach. Tasted like dessert!
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't do creamy ones. Mainly because I hate yogurt. Our favorite pop is strawberry/lemon. just puree strawberries add a touch of lemon juice and sugar- its just to taste no recipe. These aren't watery though like you'd think after they are frozen. they are a bit creamy just not super creamy. Another favorite- these ones are more watery- are watermelon and fruit. Add pieces of fruit to the mold- blueberries, strawberry slices, kiwi slices, etc- puree watermelon and taste for sweetness (I have never had a watermelon that I needed to add sugar to for these) pour over the fruit and freeze.

You can also do the watermelon and add mint, but my kids don't like that. I like strawberry and kiwi too, but my kids don't. You can always just do mixed berries with however much sugar you want.

I haven't tried bananas in one yet- I might have to do that, banana and strawberry is one of my favorite fruit and smoothie combos.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner
I have a shiny new popsicle mold coming and I'm looking for some fresh fruit + dairy or non-dairy recipes, either using a blender or not. What do you make?
I just made one last night that was on my newsfeed. It's not fruit, but it was decadent. Mmmm, I bet some strawberry or raspberry purée or even chunks would be a good addition though.

1/2c cocoa powder
1/2c almond butter
1 can (14oz) coconut milk
1/4c honey.

Whisk all items together and freeze in Popsicle molds. It says it makes 6 3oz Popsicles. I must have very small molds, because it made enough for 12 plus a couple yogurt cups.

I made the recipe a little different based on what I had on hand. I used Sunbutter instead of almond butter (which I think has a really strong taste compared to almond or even peanut butter). I used black Dutch cocoa powder, which made it much richer and darker. Because of those two changes, I found the flavor to be a bit strong and overwhelming, so I added 2 tbsp of maple syrup to sweeten it a bit more and balance the flavors out some. I just ate one and it was awesome! I don't like coconut, so I was hesitant about the coconut milk, but I don't taste it at all
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #6
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Various combos of strawberry and mint are my thing this summer, so -

4-5 cups fresh strawberries
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1 cup water
Fresh mint to taste

Puree, pour, freeze.

I found another recipe using just watermelon, strawberries and mint that sounded interesting, too, but I haven't tried that yet.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thank you everyone. I can't wait to make all of these, and I will. My first one was melon (Crenshaw), yogurt and fresh mint, just because that's what I have. Fingers crossed that it's awesome. I'm just waiting for it to be frozen.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
wyatt09
Registered Users

My Mood:

YUMMM
Started off with 1 and we call her "sum",next was baby number two...I was buying "blue",baby number three I was "seeing more pink" and by this Christmas 2013.. a NEW gift for me! We are a Breast-feeding,baby wearing,cloth diapering,mama clothing,circ'ing,vaxing kinda family!
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote