Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Need help with a co-op

So, a friend told me about this co-op on Facebook. I joined, and they were having a co-op for sunglasses, so I ordered. Received sunglasses that were not only not at all what I ordered, but were broken. Several people were also complaining that they didn't get what they received, but the host was on vacation when the glasses were received so we all kinda stewed over it for a week until she came back. She come back, basically says "oh well, that's the risk you take when you order from China" and then gets really defensive and a bunch of other people come in to berate those of us who were not happy.

It all left a bad taste in my mouth, and I've been in tons of co-ops and have never experienced anything like this, so I decided to leave the group. However, I had JUST that morning, paid for another co-op. I PMed the hostess (same one as the sunglasses co-op) and asked her if she could refund my money because I basically wasn't comfortable with their policies and didn't think this was the group for me. She said sure, when she gets home. That was 5 days ago. Since then, she has been posting all over the FB page, is about to close the co-op I had paid for, and I've sent her several PMs that she hasn't read or responded to.

I'm ready to file with Paypal, but I feel bad because she has a ton of co-ops going and I don't want to jeopardize other peoples' purchases because apparently Paypal doesn't allow co-ops. But I just want my money back and to move on to another group - I'm already out $20 because of my screwed sunglasses order, and I don't want to be out another $30 if my other co-op is messed up.

WWYD?

Advertisement

Last edited by madebymommy; 07-16-2013 at 07:45 AM.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: Need help with a co-op

I would send her a final pm as well as an email to her pp email adress giving her 24 hours to refund the coop she agreed to refund before you file with paypal. It seems like you are just cutting the loss and moving on from the first sale?

If she ignores you file, its a direct result of her actions. No one elses.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I actually just did that. I PMed her and told her she had until 9am tomorrow to refund me, or I am going to file. I still feel guilty but yeah, I'm cutting my losses and moving on!

How would I go about filing on Paypal? The only 2 options are item not received (which its too soon to file that way) or item not as described. I don't want to lie to Paypal. I thought about calling them and seeing what they say.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #4
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What I would do is bring up the first purchase, and tell them that she sent you a broken item (because if I recall, the co-op hostess in most of these things is the one who sends everything once the company ships to her) and you made a second purchase from her before the first item was received. When you received a broken and wrong <first item> you had already paid for the second item, but you don't want to risk a second item. Tell them you asked for a refund several times but she will not respond, so you'd like to open a case since she has not shipped yet.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! Gah, I feel so guilty. I wish she would just refund me! I don't want to be responsible for bringing down an entire co-op!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

You can file without mentioning that it is a coop. But my guess is that that the threat of a dispute will put the fear if god into her lol! Im pretty active in the fb coop world and I think I know what buy you are taking about. I'm very surprised because she has been a great host.for a long time. These sunglasses are not how things normally work there but its still not right.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you don't hear from the host I would just file "not received"...that is the truth...I don't think you need to put a bunch of "explaination" as to why....you probably paid a couple days ago and if it shows not shipped or anything then that's all paypal is going to see.... she will have some time to put the shipping info in there (which she won't be able to) or refund you (which would be the easiest to get the account going again)...no need to mention coop or anything unless she starts getting cranky.

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #8
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Yeah, I researched before I decided to buy. I see one of her other co-ops is messed up now, too. Its nothing against her, I was just really put off by her attitude about the whole thing... really crappy.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #9
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
I just wanted to update that I received my refund... minus the $3 co-op fee that she kept for herself, and after a nasty PM full of threats about how she was going to report me to a bunch of co-op groups, stating something about being a non-payer. Whatever, lesson learned. I could have been nasty, and I could have been vindictive and blown her into paypal... heck I still could for the $3 she stiffed me. But I'm going to take the high road, learn my lesson and move on!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #10
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post
I just wanted to update that I received my refund... minus the $3 co-op fee that she kept for herself, and after a nasty PM full of threats about how she was going to report me to a bunch of co-op groups, stating something about being a non-payer. Whatever, lesson learned. I could have been nasty, and I could have been vindictive and blown her into paypal... heck I still could for the $3 she stiffed me. But I'm going to take the high road, learn my lesson and move on!
That is disgusting and greedy of her. She is the type that gives all co-ops a bad name, I am sorry you had to deal with that. FTR you are a lot nicer than I am, I would have demanded all my money or I would have filed. It is not your fault she isn't a good host.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote