Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Flanges Sizes?

I think I need bigger ones, I'm a G cup and milk comes out of the flanges? How do you know what size to get?

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
smilewithme
Registered
seller
seller

Re: Flanges Sizes?

My lactation consultant was awesome with fitting. I'm only a C, and thought I would fit the small/standard (no way, I was a mess). But I bought a few different sizes from Amazon.com, that way I could see what was suggested, and use what was comfortable. Luckily, they aren't unreasonably priced. Hope you find something to fit!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I bought the Pumpin Pal set - you get three sets, so no calculation required!
Old 06-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNsis View Post
I bought the Pumpin Pal set - you get three sets, so no calculation required!

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #5
AIEmom
Registered Users

I pumped exclusively for my twins 4 years ago and pumping was *always* painful, so when I had my baby this year, I did a little more research: http://www.medela.com/IW/en/breastfe...astshield.html

^^That gives a good visual of how things should fit. Turns out, despite me being a D cup, I actually needed a smaller size flange. Things are way more comfortable now!
AIEmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #6
AIEmom
Registered Users

I pumped exclusively for my twins 4 years ago and pumping was *always* painful, so when I had my baby this year, I did a little more research: http://www.medela.com/IW/en/breastfe...astshield.html

^^That gives a good visual of how things should fit. Turns out, despite me being a D cup, I actually needed a smaller size flange. Things are way more comfortable now!
AIEmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #7
cdrake
Registered Users
seller

Flange sizes are really confusing to me. I'm debating buying new sizes to try or pumpin pal??
cdrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
ottomamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIEmom View Post

OMG! Thank you SO Much for this. I thought 4 years ago that I needed a smaller size but I was using the smallest there was. Pumping hurt and I couldn't get a good seal without pressing hard but if I pressed too hard it hurt even more. Thanks to this... I now know I was totally right that they were too big for me, AND I know they now make a smaller size!!! The smalls (21mm) were not around 4 years ago! I just ordered a pair. I'm so happy!!!! If I have to do any pumping this time, it should go better.
ottomamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #9
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh wow, after looking at this, I think I may be using totally the wrong size. Is the areola not supposed to get sucked into the tube at all?
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #10
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marenmccoy View Post
Oh wow, after looking at this, I think I may be using totally the wrong size. Is the areola not supposed to get sucked into the tube at all?
I have the smallest size shield they make and some of my areola still gets sucked in! I stopped caring. I'm getting the 2 oz from each breast like a typical pumper would.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote