Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
Mommyof4forme!
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
A shipping time question and a WWYD?

I contacted a mama about a FFS item 34 days ago. I sent PP right away and she said she was shipping ASAP. Here's the thing, she's in Canada and I'm in the US. I've b/s/t with Canadian mamas a lot and have never had anything take more than 1-2 weeks to be received either way. Is this normal? The thing that is worrying me is that I have contacted her via PM and email and she won't respond . I've been very friendly and have just asked for the customs # to see if it's in the US yet. So, WWYD?

Advertisement

Last edited by Mommyof4forme!; 07-17-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Mommyof4forme! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Re: A shipping time question and a WWYD?

hmmm...I have definitely had things take more than 2 weeks to get here (I'm in Canada) but never more than 3 weeks, 34 days seems excessive also given the fact that she is out of contact! Paypal is 45 days to make a claim right? I would be tempted to put in a claim now.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
Mommyof4forme!
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwick
hmmm...I have definitely had things take more than 2 weeks to get here (I'm in Canada) but never more than 3 weeks, 34 days seems excessive also given the fact that she is out of contact! Paypal is 45 days to make a claim right? I would be tempted to put in a claim now.
Thank you, that's good to know! I wasn't sure what the norm was. I know it's a FFS item and if she'd just respond and give me the customs #, I'd be perfectly content waiting. I can see that she has been getting on daily and her not responding to me...well, that bugs me lol.

Last edited by Mommyof4forme!; 07-17-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Mommyof4forme! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof4forme! View Post
Thank you, that's good to know! I wasn't sure what the norm was. I know it's a FFS item and if she'd just respond and give me the customs #, I'd be perfectly content waiting. I can see that she has been getting on daily and her not responding to me...well, that bugs me lol.
I would file under those circumstance then.
I once filed after only 2 weeks when an ebay item I paid for hadn't been updated with a tracking number and the seller wouldn't respond to my messages. She was in a "car accident" and couldn't ship. But responded to the claim within 1 day of filing. Funny how emergencies just happen to get resolved the day of or after a paypal claim is filed.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewind_Selector View Post
I would file under those circumstance then.
I once filed after only 2 weeks when an ebay item I paid for hadn't been updated with a tracking number and the seller wouldn't respond to my messages. She was in a "car accident" and couldn't ship. But responded to the claim within 1 day of filing. Funny how emergencies just happen to get resolved the day of or after a paypal claim is filed.
I've had similar things happen to me. Had to open a claim recently due to non-payment on eBay. The auction ended and I sent an invoice. Sent a message two days later, and an additional invoice with another note about payment not received two days after that. On the sixth day after the auction ended I opened a case, and within two minutes I had payment and a nasty email about the buyer being out of town and only just returned home. Funny how they were gone knowing they had bid last minute on an item, but couldn't pay at the same time? Then they immediately returned home within seconds of me opening a case... Some peoples' kids...