Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

selling to newbies?

i have diapers on the FSOT but the only ppl expressing interest are brand new...as in from this month and they only have email. do people sell to them? well, i mean, have you/would you? i have no experience, everyone i have sold to has been a verified seller...thoughts?

heres the link so you can see what i mean:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1532861

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
Belbaby3728
Banned

Lots of newbies come here to buy first, and get involved in boards later. That's how I was. As long as you get all paymenta thru PayPal as service not goods your protected should anything happen. It would be easier for all if newbies at least got minimum post counts so they could pm sellers though
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Mommyof4forme!
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepoet
i have diapers on the FSOT but the only ppl expressing interest are brand new...as in from this month and they only have email. do people sell to them? well, i mean, have you/would you? i have no experience, everyone i have sold to has been a verified seller...thoughts?

heres the link so you can see what i mean:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1532861
When I was new I only came here to buy. I heard about the forum on Babycenter and the market here was so much bigger and better! I still chatted on the BBC boards but came here to shop. Now, I chat here and rarely go on other forums . I think as long as they pay through Paypal, you'll be fine. You can always insure your packages for added protection. I feel like everyone has to start somewhere.
Mommyof4forme! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
PurpleDaffodil
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: selling to newbies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belbaby3728 View Post
Lots of newbies come here to buy first, and get involved in boards later. That's how I was. As long as you get all paymenta thru PayPal as service not goods your protected should anything happen. It would be easier for all if newbies at least got minimum post counts so they could pm sellers though
i think buyers should have to have a minimum posting too
Old 07-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleDaffodil View Post
i think buyers should have to have a minimum posting too
this is what i feel--would make me feel more comfortable, for sure.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
It doesn't bother me. I was a buyer and not a poster for the first while I was here. I didn't get into the community aspect for a while. I also came while pregnant with my first child, as I see a lot of other mamas doing, and I can say that made me feel very awkward as far as fitting in and being comfortable posting. I didn't have much to contribute, and was really just here for diapers.

That being said, having posts doesn't make you any less likely to be crappy. You could very well just be a crappy person that likes to talk. Feedback IMO is really the only thing we can go off of to feel better, so don't feel bad asking if they have feedback on eBay or another site. And if you don't dig it, you don't have to sell for newbies. Not everyone is comfortable with that, and that's totally fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #7
togetherinthelandofoz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Since all transactions go through paypal as goods I don't mind. Really if someone is scamming, having a certain amount of posts isn't going to show they're a good buyer. I always make sure the payment has completely gone through and paypal has notified me of it. I also let them know that if they get 6 posts we can pm. I prefer to do communication that way (though sometimes I do email). That way, if there is an issue, a mod can see the pm's. Then I make sure I give feedback so the buyer can start building their feedback. I also don't erase pm's until either the buyer leaves feedback or it's been over 30 days since the transaction.

I jumped into the FSOT forum quickly after joining DS and I was thankful Mamas were willing to do transactions with me!

OliviaZachariahIsabella Psalm 139:13-14
togetherinthelandofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

i did end up selling to a newbie--took the above posters advice and checked out her ebay acct.

i think my main issue (more than them flaking) is how much more personal this medium of selling is vs. say ebay where you are simply putting an item out there and things about your personal life are not accessible. i know its a public forum, but to the internet im just a username--when i sell you get my name plus a lot of oversharing about my life on the boards, ahaha.