Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2006, 09:44 AM   #1
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

Sunning diapers?

do you just stick them in the sun? lay them flat, line dry? what happens in the winter in New England?

I already have stains on my diapers

Advertisement

doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:49 AM   #2
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Sunning diapers?

Well, it's probably best to line dry them with the inners hanging out. I barely got a line, though. (Target has 19' retractable lines in their dollar spot!) What I've done before I had the line was just lay 'em flat on the grass in the sun. Just make sure when you go to get it that there aren't any bugs or ickies on it. Sure does work well, though.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:15 AM   #3
aliks
Registered Users
seller

I'm ghetto, so I tied a rope from my gutter to my shed. I just line dry them when there is sun, which is rare.
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
tng_mama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberbrat
do you just stick them in the sun? lay them flat, line dry? what happens in the winter in New England?
I've been wondering the same thing?? Could you lay them insides up on a surface that gets lots of sun? Kwim? Like if the sun shines in on your bed all afternoon? Or do they have to be outside?? I can't see myself wading in knee high snow to my clothesline to sun my diapers..
Old 06-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #5
Sarahbunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't think they would sun out very well through a window. I'll be watching this thread though, since i live in Minnesota!

I just sunned mine out on our deck a few weeks ago and it seriously is AMAZING. It took like...an hour for the stains to disappear. I was very impressed.
Sarahbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #6
roseselene
Registered Users

I don't have a line to hang mine on, so when I sun dry my diapers, I have a wooden drying rack (from sears or kmart i think) that is fairly lightweight and I can move around wherever I want it. I take that outside and hang the diapers on it and then bring it back in when they're done.
Amy
Old 06-18-2006, 02:41 PM   #7
jodi5
Registered Users

I don't think it takes much sun. Last night I put mine out at 7pm so definitely not in the heat of the afternoon. I forgot them and took them off when I woke up this morning. They were quite stained last night, like green and it is all gone! I usually wash mine, then stick them out. Soemtimes, I put a little lemon juice on them too.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #8
mrsott
Registered Users

My Mood:

I dont like putting mine outside for outside elements to get to...Im paranoid. I put mine in the car, which is always outside, in the back. I have found that to be the best... bedroom window is what at did at first, but this works better.
mrsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:54 PM   #9
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just lay mine out on the back deck(wet) sometimes if the stain is in a crack of the diaper or hard to reach area, I snap it around the banister(sp?) so the sun can get to the needed areas

You can sun diapers in a sunny window, but it just takes longer. I do this in the winter