Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
I purchased better quality clothing from a seller here and what I paid was not cheap.
I was kind of just admiring how beautiful everything is, and while looking at the cotton top after a few minutes it became clear to me that it is missing several beads.

I'm annoyed, but I'm not sure what the remedy would be. I'm not the type to say "not as described" just to leverage a few bucks, but I feel a bit cheated. I do want to keep the top. What should I do? Just suck it up? What would you do?

*edited, abridged version

Advertisement

Last edited by danielle; 07-23-2013 at 02:54 AM.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm not a fan of partial refunds, but agree you likely overpaid if that was not included in the description. Maybe message the seller to let her know that you noticed it and see what she thinks is fair? A couple bucks would probably help.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!

Last edited by Fishie Kisses; 07-23-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not quite as described. What would you do?

I would still let the seller know even if you didn't want any money back.

The seller might have missed the defect when listing. If nothing else your message might serve as a reminder to look over everything more carefully when listing.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
OctBaby
Registered Users
seller

I'm in the same situation and was looking for advice! In my case I think it was genuinely overlooked I just don't know what to do. I ended up just sending a message with pictures and explaining what wasn't as described and then just left it open ended, hoping they will make the next move. I really don't know if it warrants a return, partial refund, or I just need to suck it up. I just wish they had looked more closely so we wouldn't be in this situation at all
OctBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have given partial refunds before for things I overlooked. I think I would tell the other mama you are disappointed and that you would not have paid that price for it had you known. It sounds like it is just the one item not as described? Also... It would be good for you to have in mind what you would have paid for it "as is"

anthropologist mama to O E and R.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:51 AM   #6
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just updating.

I sent the seller an email and she sent a very nice email back saying she thought the value of the top to be $7 and she offered that much to me.

I also received a pm from a mama who correctly guessed who the seller was and looked at the seller's picture of the shirt! Haha. She offered moral support and agreed with me about the problem. Thanks for that.

So now I'm paranoid that the seller is reading this thread and that I somehow outed her. I'm going to edit my op but Fishie Kisses quoted me. If you could delete the quote, that would be helpful. Thanks.

Oh and the seller was very professional, thanked me and offered me an amount that was more than fair. I told her I'd take less than she offered. After our exchange, if I'm ever inclined to buy pricey items again, I will seek her out.

Your opinions have been helpful, thanks.

Last edited by danielle; 07-23-2013 at 02:56 AM.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

A happy ending! Yay

Owner and creator at https://www.etsy.com/shop/AllClothedinScarlet for modest, durable, and out of this world gorgeous dresses!
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #8
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Done
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote