Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Etsy Issue

Over the years, I have had such great experiences with custom items through here, Hyena Cart and Etsy. Well, I put in an order with an Etsy seller for some custom painted letters. Her items on her site looked good and feedback good. I showed her an example of what I wanted matched. She did okay on that part. Nothing I would have chosen as some of it is ugly, but I can't say it doesn't coordinate at all. My problem is they look like a 10-year-old did them. I paid over $60. I expected a higher level of quality. The paper pieces cut and applied to the letters are uneven. Then there are some beads on the bows and two bows are missing beads. Horribly obvious. Third complaint is she must have put paper on them while they were still wet because there is brown paper bits stuck to two of the letters. Again, quite obvious. I sent a blunt email (yet apologized for needing to complain) and spelled out the issues like I did above. Honestly, I'd like to return them but is that even possible on custom items? I don't want these ugly things hung in my daughter's room. They totally look like someone just wanted to get them done and did a half a$$ job. It said I would get a picture before they were "made" to verify I liked them but these ended up at my door? Just frustrated and extremely disappointed.

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Etsy Issue

So in looking at her policies, I see this.

"Because my items are made for you in your name & colors, I cannot accept refunds. However, I will send you pictures for approval to make sure you love your item."

Makes sense, but she never sent pictures! Do I have a leg to stand on?
Old 07-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynneBabies View Post
So in looking at her policies, I see this.

"Because my items are made for you in your name & colors, I cannot accept refunds. However, I will send you pictures for approval to make sure you love your item."

Makes sense, but she never sent pictures! Do I have a leg to stand on?

I'm really curious to see these...

I really don't think her store policy will trump paypal's "not as described" policy.

TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So how does Paypal's "not as described" feature work? I've never had to use it.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynneBabies View Post
So how does Paypal's "not as described" feature work? I've never had to use it.
it doesnt apply to custom items, BUT since she never sent pics i think she should make it right
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Paypal is buyer oriented - if you document well and ship back to her they will refund you.

TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's some examples. Am I overreacting for $60?

Old 07-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
Iliana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, you are not overreacting. For $60, I'd expect better.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So she's offering to remake them. I want to mail her the pictures to see what I'm talking about. I'm afraid the second batch may not have missing beads or paper stuck, but the overall quality will be the same.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would definitely send her pictures and ask her if she's sure she can provide a better quality product the second time, or if it would be easier for her to just refund you instead of sending out another sub-par batch of letters.