Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2007, 08:32 AM   #1
saweetmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wanting to get wool, what should I get?

I love the look of the longies and such, and I'm a newbie to wool. We live in NC and its kinda hot here so should I not do wool right now? Is it itchy? Is wool just for overnights or all the time or what? I have a 4 1/2 month old, what should I get to start with? I have one of those aristocrat ones for overnight, which is good, but not very 'girly' - what do you suggest?

Thanks for reading

Advertisement

Proud Army Wife & Mom to 6 glorious children

*Visit my parenting blog Crazy Adventures in Parenting* Ebay feedback BW feedback
saweetmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #2
bekerella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wanting to get wool, what should I get?

I live in Arizona and I use wool. It is actually more breathable than almost anything else you could put on DC. Most of the wool used for diaper covers is very soft as well. Just make sure you know what kind of wool it is. There are different ones that have different textures.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:39 AM   #3
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wool is breathable and wonderful If you're concerned about over heating, start with a soaker. My DD wears a soaker as her "shorts" during the day. Nice and breezey for her
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:56 AM   #4
saweetmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekerella View Post
I live in Arizona and I use wool. It is actually more breathable than almost anything else you could put on DC. Most of the wool used for diaper covers is very soft as well. Just make sure you know what kind of wool it is. There are different ones that have different textures.
Really???? I never would've thought that? What sorts of wool do you use being there, I can only imagine how hot it must be, yikes! Also, do you just use covers then?

Thanks for your help

*Visit my parenting blog Crazy Adventures in Parenting* Ebay feedback BW feedback
Old 05-24-2007, 08:58 AM   #5
saweetmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaZ View Post
Wool is breathable and wonderful If you're concerned about over heating, start with a soaker. My DD wears a soaker as her "shorts" during the day. Nice and breezey for her
Is a soaker like a cover, or does it appear like shorts? I have an aristocrat, is that a soaker? sorry I'm a little bit of a newbie when it comes to some of this stuff, I'm being introduced to MUCH MORE than I ever knew was possible with cloth diapering here!!

Thank you for your help

Old 05-24-2007, 09:13 AM   #6
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

I lived in Fayetteville for two years! We were stationed at Pope!
I used wool on my baby when we lived in NC. Actually sometimes I would take her to the store in just a t-shirt and coverless fitted in the later, hotter months like September. It's just miserable then!!! But I used shorties and soakers for the most part. Your aristocrat is a soaker. That's the style of wool. Shorties are just knit shorts. Longies are knit pants. I personally learned to knit my own because I couldn't afford any of the nice wahm stuff.

My baby in longies.

again, my girls. baby has on shorties
Old 05-24-2007, 09:18 AM   #7
saweetmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Really? But not anymore? We started a thread about us Bragg-ers

I just got a wool cover a couple days ago from here, but I'm really new to wool and a little afraid of how to wash and handle it. I like the idea of using it though, and I see a lot of people addicted to it here

How did you learn to make your own, if you dont' mind me asking? And where are you stationed now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady View Post
I lived in Fayetteville for two years! We were stationed at Pope!
I used wool on my baby when we lived in NC. Actually sometimes I would take her to the store in just a t-shirt and coverless fitted in the later, hotter months like September. It's just miserable then!!! But I used shorties and soakers for the most part. Your aristocrat is a soaker. That's the style of wool. Shorties are just knit shorts. Longies are knit pants. I personally learned to knit my own because I couldn't afford any of the nice wahm stuff.

My baby in longies.

again, my girls. baby has on shorties