Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #11
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Low/No Sperm Due to Prostate Issues/Then Pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier View Post
I bet he heard 2 and thought it was 2 but it seems more likely it would be two million per ml which is a very low sperm count. I found this: http://healthlibrary.com/article27.htm . But honestly the fact that he wasn't honest about the fact that he thought he was infertile as well as him going in once he found out just seems off to me.
This is what I was thinking too. They don't give you a sperm count n numbers they give it to you in million per ml. I would look at the report and make sure you both understand how to read it.

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #12
vasquez_leslie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
Does he have any other kids?
No. He got a girl pregnant when he was 25, she got an abortion, he is 53 now. The prostate issue started about 5 years ago. It was very badly infected. He was peeing blood etc.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #13
vasquez_leslie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
For some reason, having a sperm count of 2 seems doubtful to me...it just seems like an oddly low number. Also, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the prostate push out the seminal fluid? How would it only push out the fluid but no actual sperm? I'm not saying it isn't possible but it seems a bit odd and he already didn't mention his issues before you were intimate, which seems strange too.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I thought so too. It pushes out the fluid but because of the swelling or something like that the opening that the sperm fit through just isn't big enough. Years ago the Dr said it would need to be reamed out in order for sperm to be able to pass through efficiently.

I am thinking about him not mentioning it before to me. He said it was because now wouldn't have been the right time for us to have kids (I'm still going through my divorce) and we could have something done about it if/when we decided to have children together. But, I'm kind of thinking maybe it was along the lines of him being embarrassed that he was infertile?? I don't know I guess. I felt funny about him not telling me as well.

Last edited by vasquez_leslie; 08-03-2013 at 10:04 PM.
vasquez_leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #14
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasquez_leslie

I thought so too. It pushes out the fluid but because of the swelling or something like that the opening that the sperm fit through just isn't big enough. Years ago the Dr said it would need to be reamed out in order for sperm to be able to pass through efficiently.

I am thinking about him not mentioning it before to me. He said it was because now wouldn't have been the right time for us to have kids (I'm still going through my divorce) and we could have something done about it if/when we decided to have children together. But, I'm kind of thinking maybe it was along the lines of him being embarrassed that he was infertile?? I don't know I guess. I felt funny about him not telling me as well.
mama. Regardless, I think he should have told you as BC should have come up, especially if he didn't want more kids. But I'm really old-school like that too. Hopefully everything will shake out and he'll embrace the pregnancy after the shock wears off.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #15
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier View Post
I bet he heard 2 and thought it was 2 but it seems more likely it would be two million per ml which is a very low sperm count. I found this: http://healthlibrary.com/article27.htm . But honestly the fact that he wasn't honest about the fact that he thought he was infertile as well as him going in once he found out just seems off to me.
Yeah, that. It was probably 2 million. Isn't average 10?

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #16
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow hugs and I hope like the other people have posted you question the sperm test
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #17
vasquez_leslie
Registered Users
seller

I'm going to question the test as soon as he gets back. He's out of town right now moving the rest of his furniture down from Atlanta.

Here's the thing, if the first test said literally 0 sperm, couldn't it be possible the second test had literally 2?
Old 08-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #18
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When they test they don't look through the entire sample. They look at a certain portion of the sample and then multiply the numbers out it's a technique called sampling. So just because it says 0 or 2 doesn't mean that's all in the whole collection it means that is how many were in the volume they tested and then they use that number to project how many million were per ml.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #19
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, even if he only had 2 single sperm, guess what? They are super sperm and got you pregnant!
He should be excited!
My friend's ex said he couldn't produce children because he was a micro preemie and his fertility was effected by the treatment he got when he was first born, but my friend is the probably the most fertile woman walking the planet (not a good thing), and she got pregnant. He denied the baby until he was born, and the kid looks EXACTLY like the father!
All you can do now is wait. If your worried about genetic defects then you can gets some tests done. They aren't 100% but can point you in the right direction. If he's worried about paternity, then he can request a DNA test.
I'd be over the moon if I was infertile and was able to conceive!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #20
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Regardless of what he was told, there is always a chance of pg if you are having sex. All it takes is one, LOL. Literally.
AmeliasMum is offline   Reply With Quote