Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #21
kats330
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Low/No Sperm Due to Prostate Issues/Then Pregnant

The prostate produces the seminal fluid like pre ejucklation before the sperm the urethane is very satiric and sperm do not like that and that is why men still have ejuckalate when they have a vasectomy just no sperm.

Advertisement

Prego and due April 9th, 2014!!
kats330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #22
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, my dh didn't have any medical issues but before we started to have kids, they tested his sperm count because they wanted to put me on drugs because I wasn't ovulating regularly. He did the test twice and both times, 0 live sperm. 2 months later, without any intervention, we were pregnant. Then after that, we would just look at each other and get pregnant. :-)
Old 08-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #23
mamalopez
Registered Users

I am a lab tech and have done sperm counts. The way we did it was to centrefuge the sample then take a bit from the bottom and make a slide. Then from the slide you look at ten frames on the microscope and count the sperm and mark wether they are motile or not. The report is then written out as so many per ml. So even if it was only two. That is per ml not total. I hope this helps to understand how the test is typically done.
mamalopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #24
vasquez_leslie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalopez View Post
I am a lab tech and have done sperm counts. The way we did it was to centrefuge the sample then take a bit from the bottom and make a slide. Then from the slide you look at ten frames on the microscope and count the sperm and mark wether they are motile or not. The report is then written out as so many per ml. So even if it was only two. That is per ml not total. I hope this helps to understand how the test is typically done.
He said he didn't have the $40 test. He paid about $200. He said they tested the whole batch. Would that not be correct?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #25
vasquez_leslie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivparker View Post
Well, my dh didn't have any medical issues but before we started to have kids, they tested his sperm count because they wanted to put me on drugs because I wasn't ovulating regularly. He did the test twice and both times, 0 live sperm. 2 months later, without any intervention, we were pregnant. Then after that, we would just look at each other and get pregnant. :-)
Thanks for sharing that. Very inspiring indeed!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #26
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

aww well congrats!!
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #27
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Any update on this?
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #28
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DH & I had theses tests done several times, including months after surgery to potentially correct the problem. For us we had sperm, but 0% morphology & 0% motility. Basically, they all didn't look right (I don't think ours had tails) and none of them moved. mamalopez can correct me if I got any of that wrong.

We paid $20K+ to have our first child through IVF + ICSI...but then were surprised with a pregnancy 10mos PP.

As a previous poster said, it really only takes one sperm. You can still be caution as you go through pregnancy (I was with an ICSI baby) but still be optimistic
Old 08-25-2013, 01:42 AM   #29
starstrid
Registered Users

I'm not sure about sperm count but perhaps the initial diagnosis of infertility was incorrect. Perhaps he only has a low sperm count--which means diddly squat. I've known plenty of people with "low sperm count" that ended up with babies on the way.
(If you consider that people have gotten pregnant by a small pinhole in a condom, which would certainly reduce sperm count, then having such a diagnosis of "low sperm count" would really translate to: "it might take a little longer")

I also say this because previously you said he suffered from a terrible prostate infection and was urinating blood. My father had experienced the same at one point in his life, and, due to similar damages caused, it even takes him a lengthier time to urinate even after the infection has cleared up (which was, of course, decades ago).

My father has 3 surviving children and my mother miscarried multiple times from pregnancies with my father.

One story that shocked my entire family:
My cousin was deemed infertile (hormonal issue caused by some pituitary gland damage when she was a child). She had a one-night stand with a man who had also been deemed infertile (physical damage to the prostate). Nine months later she gave birth to a healthy little girl.

Last edited by starstrid; 08-25-2013 at 01:44 AM.
starstrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #30
vasquez_leslie
Registered Users
seller

No real updates other than I'm still pregnant! About 11 weeks now. I got an ultrasound done a few weeks ago which dated me about what I was thinking for dates and everything looked ok so far.

I asked to see the test results from the sperm count test...nothing yet.

I am embarrassed to say I was looking for his birth certificate for him, he needed it overnighted to where he was out of state, and I saw the test results. However I have no clue of how to read them.

Some of the stories I am hearing from you guys are just so inspiring and I really appreciate everyone's comments.