Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

How wet does the outside of a PF get w/o a cover?

I know how dumb this sounds, but I've never used them so I don't know. How wet does the outside of a PF without a cover get with an average wetter? My ds isn't walking, he's my carpet-cruiser. If I leave him in a PF uncovered on the floor, is it going to soak through? ( I want to use a premium with a snappi) And what kind/when do you use a doubler inside the PF? Will a snappi pop off if he's rolling and scooting around on his belly? Sorry about all the ???'s!

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
lippeaveboys
Banned

Re: How wet does the outside of a PF get w/o a cover?

Well a little damp... If left on to long extremely wet.
I let my lo wear pf's with no covers all the time... That way I change him often and give his booty plenty of dry time.
lippeaveboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #3
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Depends on the baby. DJ went coverless all the time with no problem but James is a super soaker...I'm still trying to find a cover he won't pee through...there's no way I'd let him go coverless!

It might depend on how you fold the dipe too. I'm really liking the bikini twist these days because it seems to put a whole lot of diaper right where he needs it but it's still trim between the legs.

If I were going to go coverless in a PF (well, not me...you know what I mean ) I think I would use pins instead of a Snappi. I'd be too afraid of him getting ahold of the Snappi or it getting pulled loose and then him getting ahold of it, ya know? Those things can bite!

As for doublers, like I said, James is a super soaker so sometimes I use a doubler that I have laying around from another diaper or sometimes I trifold a preemie prefold and lay it on top of the big prefold as a doubler. I picked up some suedecloth on clearance the other day so I'm going to experiment with making some doublers from that and microfiber. For James, I almost always put a doubler in a prefold...for DJ, only at nighttime or something like that...during the day I rarely would.

Hope this helps some... ?
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #4
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Yes, thank you! More please mammas! Daniel wets JUST up front, literally just the first 5" of the insert is wet, the rest is bone-dry. Is he a good canidate for a coverless pf? LOL! Also, I have Gerber pins, would that be ok?
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #5
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is the same way, he wets all up front. I'll put him in a super thick fitted or PF with a doubler and sometimes without a cover. But when he lies on his stomach if he's wet, whatever he's lying on will get wet. Like his crib, or rug or my bed, etc. A wool shortie or soaker or fleece cover can help that.... This summer, I'll let him run around with just a PF if we're outside. Since he's only 7 months and crawling, I'd rather not have pee all over our rugs and furniture.... LOL....
Old 05-24-2007, 10:25 AM   #6
fsufan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maddie's pf's just get a lil damp. But she wears my New "Beetle Bottoms'" (tm) Patent pending....... Pul pf's a lot. I just made her a really cute Veggie Tales one And I made My DS Joey a "Cars" one... He loves that movie
Old 05-24-2007, 10:41 AM   #7
ocanfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I let my daughter go coverless sometimes in a snappi'd prefold. When she is, I change her as soon as she's wet...which is great...the front and center are usually wet. Although after she's drank alot, she has peed right through the diaper in a regular prefold and onto the floor. She doesn't ever try and take off the snappi, but it has gotten snagged when she's scooting down the stairs...it freaked her out a bit!

Polliwogs Recycled Wool Slippers
ocanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #8
bekerella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been letting DS wear just a snappi'd pf the past few days and I just change him when it is damp. Usually every 45 minutes or so, sometimes a little longer or sooner. He has been crawling all over the place too but no messes on the floor yet.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #9
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:

my daughter is a super soaker plus I have a hard time pinning it on tight enough.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #10
ankc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we go coverless a lot arounf the house in a prem....when it's damp i change it....prob every hour??? ds is 8 mo so....?