Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else planning on freezer meals for when baby arrives? When do you plan on starting.

Thought I would start a thread to share recipes, tips and tricks on planning and using meals.

Is it wrong that I am thinking about food Im going to eat in three months??

Advertisement

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I will probably kick it in to full gear in early October and make freezer meals in double and triple batches. But more than that, I would love to pre-plan and pre-shop so I have the stuff I need to make in the freezer and pantry.

We are about 20 minutes from the grocery store, so I want to minimize trips to town.

We do have a deep freeze. My husband got two tags this year, so hopefully it will be filled with lots of yummy free range organic deer!

Some of my go to freezer meals:
-Chicken pot pie ( without crust, frozen flat in ziplocks)
-Chicken enchiladas
-lasagna

Some of my pantry/ freezer ready meals:
-chili
-taco soup (basically chili with garbanzo beans and taco seasoning)
-pizza (freeze toppings and cheese, have sauce and make dough)
-Jambalaya (freeze sausage)

Would love to hear more ideas on how to incorporate veggies. As I type this up, I realize it is lacking anything green!!!

Also, anybody have good tips for keeping a freezer organized? I start with good intentions, but usually forget about some foods and it goes to waste.

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
jandk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Freezer Meals / meal planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsybikes View Post
Also, anybody have good tips for keeping a freezer organized? I start with good intentions, but usually forget about some foods and it goes to waste.
I keep a list of what is in my freezer. I organize it by raw meat, cooked meat, veggies, fruits, ingredients, and meals.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
litlckrets
Registered Users
seller
seller

I REALLY want to prepare freezer meals this time around. This is our third child and I know things will be crazy for awhile after baby is born. I would love to get ideas/recipes/etc!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #5
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm pre-planning and stockpiling things like school lunch stuff and holiday baking supplies. As for freezer meals, since it will be cold, soups will be perfect. Those are super easy to make in double batches, so I will start that in early October. And soups are really nice for freezing because they freeze flat in the gallon ziplocs. DH won't be able to take ANY time off because he starts a new job next week, so I want to make my own life as easy as possible
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #6
Kburgess
Registered Users
seller

I did hat with my second baby and made mainly crock pot meals that way it would be even easier
Kburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #7
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

try savingdinner.com it has several menu mailers for freezer meals and side dishes
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #8
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
seller

try savingdinner.com it has several menu mailers for freezer meals and side dishes
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
Old 08-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #9
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
seller

d/p

Last edited by LaughingPeaMama; 08-10-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #10
Barnmom
Registered Users

Planning on doing several freezer meals (due nov 20th!), but need to clean out my freezer first! Would also like to know if anyone has any good freezer meals that have lots of veggies and are a little healthier than the typical casseroles you usually find.
Barnmom is offline   Reply With Quote