Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
kaspears17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Article in Newsweek about BFing

Check out the link to Newsweek, they have an article about more states making laws to protect breastfeeding in public. I SO applaud that!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18999858/site/newsweek/

However, I was appalled by some of the comments from readers! I had to pub in my 2 cents and let them know that bfing is totally natural.

Advertisement

Old 06-04-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Article in Newsweek about BFing

"regardless of what is dangling in front of them"
this person has obviously never seen a breastfeeding baby
some of those comments
Old 06-04-2007, 02:16 PM   #3
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry but I see women walking around with their thongs hanging out; shirts so low cut I can see their belly buttons through the cleavage; and with skirts so short that their pancreas is showing and somehow that's natural? and normal? How about all those plummer butts that you see out there? I mean, the nastiest thing in the world is a big man with back boobies with a plummer butt. And why is breastfeeding not normal but that is? I don't understand people sometimes.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #4
KatiesMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
I'm sorry but I see women walking around with their thongs hanging out; shirts so low cut I can see their belly buttons through the cleavage; and with skirts so short that their pancreas is showing and somehow that's natural? and normal? How about all those plummer butts that you see out there? I mean, the nastiest thing in the world is a big man with back boobies with a plummer butt. And why is breastfeeding not normal but that is? I don't understand people sometimes.
HAHAHAHAHAHA... pancreas...

Back to your regular scheduled programming.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you moms have to read these comments
my dh and i are enjoying the comedy hour together here
Old 06-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
liztiara84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post

It was nice to read a positive article about NIP though!
Mom to DD#1 (12/05), DD#2 (5/07), DS (6/09), and DD#3 (4/11)
liztiara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
Mommyof2boys
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
you moms have to read these comments
my dh and i are enjoying the comedy hour together here
I spent about an hour last night (between tending to the kids and reading) reading those and laughed at some, and got upset at others...

DH agreed with me, thank God! He's a bit backwards, and he wants me to try and cover up, but he doesn't DIE if I don't! LOL!
Mommyof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #8
dancnfool
Registered Users
seller

I was always a little shy about nursing my dd in public. Much less so with my son. I don't know if its more practice, more age, or some of the things that I've come to realize like:
Isn't the only difference between my breasts and my DHs a little extra fat? He has a nipple too and his can be exposed w/o controversy.
And its not just function either - because I recently learned that men can lactate!
dancnfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #9
Kristi S
Registered Users

I haven't read the comments- I'm not in the mood to get angry-
but I'm super pleased to see an artical about NIP in a non-parenting magazine. Hopefully it will help in the quest to "normalize" nursing in public.

Kristi
Kristi S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #10
sherbear178
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am glad to see a supportive BFing article. I read some of the comments and I just dont see how people can get so offended by a woman feeding her baby. Its the most natural thing in the world, its what a woman's body was made to do. I agree with PP, I would much rathar see a mother nourishing her baby than someone running around showing their panties(or lack there of).