Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Registered Users
Heavy sleep wetter- Advice wanted!

My 28 month old DS is now finally day trained and no longer in diapers. He does however, still wear a diaper for nap and night. We use Fuzzibunz OS diapers and every morning and after his naps (he sleep about 2 hours for his naps), he wakes up soaked. His pj's quite often smell of urine and I am constantly having to do laundry. I know its not a matter of needing to strip my diapers because the pad is completely saturated, he just pees that much.

So I'm just wondering, if you've experienced this with your LO, what did you do? Did you switch to Goodnights, or just large size disposable diapers (he's about 28lbs)? Or were pull-ups overnight absorbent enough? I just don't think the cloth diapers are absorbent enough for giant toddler/ preschooler pees. Should I be concerned about this heavy wetting? I ask because my brother had a similar issue and wet the bed until he was 12.

Happily married to my first love . SAHM to 2 sweet boys and 1 sweet girl. Missing my 8 week angel.
*TinyJoys* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Heavy sleep wetter- Advice wanted!

I'm still dealing w/ this w/ DD @ 3.5...I still have her in the overnight sposies & she occasionally leaks out of them, too. A pull-up won't get her through a 2hr nap. Since I'll be doing diaper laundry again anyway, I've been pondering just doing a toddler pf w/ a cover & hoping the wetness helps night train her...
Carrie. Wifey to F, Mama to Baby Bear, Nugget, and Teeny.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
My son is 4.5 and he still wears a diaper to bed. We use size 6 sposies or pull UPS he started leaking out of cloth a night around the same time he was day trained.

he sleeps so sound that he just doesn't wake up. I'm hoping by next fall, when he'll start kinder, he'll be able to either sleep without them or wake up when he need to go.
I've earned over $2000 in agc's and paypal w/ swagbucks and you can too!!!
Ebates get cash back for shopping online!!!
Get a $10gc when you make your first purchase of $25 or more through ebates.
ambieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
Registered Users
Re: Heavy sleep wetter- Advice wanted!

Nolan is wearing size 5 overnight diapers and he leaks out of them!!!!! I'd just do sposie for overnight. You'd probably do best with Huggies overnight diapers size 4 or 5. That's what Kaela wears.
Mommy to sweet daughter K Nov 2011 & N May 2013. Wife to wonderful husband D since Sept 2008. Always remembering baby J 10wks Missing baby Q 13wks
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote