Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Cats and babies

just make sure you close the door if baby is sleeping, cats are notorious for sleeping on faces.

*Jazz* Mommy to Axel 5/7/09 and Samara 2/9/12 Gage 11/7/13and navy wife to Stephen(future PNP )Now blogging for The Good Life Green check it out:
cjslater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #12
Registered Users

DDC: We have always had cats. We have 4. My cats have never been an issue with babies. Sometimes they sleep in the crib on the rare occassion that my kids actually sleep in there. They've never tried to get on their face or anything like that. I don't worry about it at all.
Eleanor, mama to Maren (07.05.08) and Grant (10.20.10)
aries416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

We have a cat. He was about 2 when DS was born (at home...the midwives had to shoo him off the heating pad lol) so he was there for the whole process rather than being brought into it. We co slept and kept the door shut for the first few months. He kind of seemed to know to stay away though. He would come up and say hi sometimes but honestly DS would grab his fur so he wasn't into that. Now he and DS are really good together. DS is learning about being gentle so will often be a bit too rough and Pixel si good about warning him. He will warn him with his claws but not scratch, just sort of hold them against him to let him know to leave him alone. Now that DS is older and in his own room we leave doors open and Pixel will often sleep in bed with him (I think he really likes him when he's asleep and can't mess with him). I really think it just depends on the personality of your pet, you have to get to know them and go with your gut.

ETA: I just looked up your cat breed, super cool! Pixel is a Maine Coone so it seems they are similar. He is super mellow and huge. I want to add that I've had a lot of cats that I wouldn't trust around little kids but he is different from any cat I've had before.
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
And my vintage shop!

Last edited by waterisntsomething; 10-27-2013 at 07:20 PM.
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote