Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
meesh38
Registered Users
seller

Anyone cd a 5 lb baby?

All of my kids have been 5 lbs and I'm expecting this one to be too. Anyone successfully CD a baby this small? I always end up using sposies for awhile until my diapers fit but I'd rather not this time, especially since I'll already be doing diaper laundry. My newborn stash is orange workhorses and prefolds. Think I can make that work?

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
Ferrum
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think mine was 6+lbs w chicken legs. The Imse wimse preemie covers fit, I also had orange workhorses but did not use those till later.
During early weeks mine did not pee or poop forcefully so not a huge deal if it fits a little loose. Just be careful when holding them. People who ec actually just let them pee or poop on a prefold (not fastened).
Old 08-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone cd a 5 lb baby?

Nana's Bottoms newborn size will fit a 5lber She also makes preemie sizes. They are trim, affordable, and easy to use.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes my DD was 5lb9oz born at 35 weeks and dropped a bit below that. She was in cloth from the beginning in preemie prefolds. We had to fold down the rise but they worked great.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
dvrgrl38
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used preemie prefolds on my twins at that size.

ISO: 1 skein Bear and pants no sleep til Brooklyn
dvrgrl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #6
AuroraBorealis
Registered Users

Orange edge GMDs will probably be too big for a 5-lber. I'd go with preemie prefolds and teeny covers like the Bummis Super Brite (not Super Whisper) newborn or litewraps preemie.
AuroraBorealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

yup we did. We used a mix of stuff including lil joey, prefolds/covers, tini fits.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #8
kirst
Registered Users
seller

I did not know about Nana's Bottoms when my son was born or I would have ordered some from her as her other sized AIOs have been great. My son was 5 lbs and I had Kissaluv size 0s and Bum Genius newborns with a washcloth inside (because of chicken legs). I would not recommend either as neither got a good fit around the legs, but I did make them work until he got bigger.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #9
-liv-
Registered Users

My DS was 5 lbs 9 oz at birth and dipped just under 5 at the lowest. We used preemie prefolds and Bummis Super Brite covers which worked perfectly. Orange edge were usable at around 5.5 lbs but they were huge and bulky and I didn't like them at all until about 6 lbs. I had to use sposies part time for over a week waiting for the little covers to come and I hated them; we had blowout after blowout. We haven't had a single one since he's been in cloth, and now that I'm prepared for a wee one, the next one will be in cloth from day one as I find it so much easier than sposies.
-liv- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #10
247mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't but I know the GMD preemie prefolds are tiny and would probably work great for a small nb, and their website shows which of their covers work well over those, I would prob. get a combo of the preemie and nb prefolds and some nb workhorse diapers and the covers they suggest fit very small babies They have great pics on their website too!
247mom is offline   Reply With Quote