Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Carolyn528
Registered Users
seller

Bedrest....

So I'm on bed rest now.... The first few days were pretty awesome and relaxing. But this is getting really old, really fast! I keep looking around thinking about all the things that need to be done and not being able to do them! *cry*
I need tips to get through this. I'm only at 33 weeks!!!!!!

Advertisement

B 6/9/11
Due 10/30
Carolyn528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

I was on hospital bedrest for 2 weeks, only allowed up to use the bathroom. I have never watched so much mind numbing TV in my life. I also read, slept, and played with my phone. The day dragged out and by 8 pm I was ready to go to sleep to end the boredom. Sorry, it is not glamorous but was necessary. At each milestone dh brought us in a special dinner, that was something to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
Carolyn528
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 for now
I was on hospital bedrest for 2 weeks, only allowed up to use the bathroom. I have never watched so much mind numbing TV in my life. I also read, slept, and played with my phone. The day dragged out and by 8 pm I was ready to go to sleep to end the boredom. Sorry, it is not glamorous but was necessary. At each milestone dh brought us in a special dinner, that was something to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
That's me! I'm home but only supposed to get up to use the bathroom.
B 6/9/11
Due 10/30
Carolyn528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
threekstrio
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bedrest....

I am on bedrest. Please pm me if you'd like
threekstrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
LauraI
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was on bedrest for around 5 months, but it went to modified bedrest after a while. I got sooo bored. I moved myself to the couch every morning and watched some Netflix while my daughter was in preschool. After school, she would watch some tv and do some reading with me. I started doing Swagbucks surveys on my laptop and made around $100 the first month. I journaled, I thought about starting a blog, and I thought about starting to write a book. My boyfriend did no cleaning, barely any cooking, and the house just got so messy. I decided that it was best if I just stayed in bed or on the couch, that way I didn't have to see and then stress over the messiness. I spent the hours after bedtime playing Candy Crush on my phone and Where's My Water on my Kindle, until falling asleep. It's stressful being on bedrest, but remember to enjoy that "me time" while you can, because after your new baby gets here, you won't have very much time to your self any more.
LauraI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Question: my friend is on hospital bedrest. Could you ladies list anything that I could bring her to pass the time? I was thinking about knitting/ crocheting projects, my iPad, and DVDs, but what else? I'm so sorry OP. I can't even imagine being bed ridden while pregnant. It sounds so uncomfortable and resisting the urge to clean would be so hard! I've heard that women who've been on prolonged bedrest should seek physical therapy when they're done. Just thought I'd pass that along
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote