Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #1
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:
? re:circ problem UPDATED

I am a little afraid to ask this after seeing some thread about circ, but what's done is done and can't be undone and I ask that I not be flamed or told that I shouldn't have done it, I can't go back and undo it (even though I wish I could) and I really need advice and not judgement.

After DS was born I had him circ', now he is 27 months and the skin is still attached to the rim of the head. Lately is has been getting red and very irritated and it hurts him (even when he plays with it). When I asked the dr about it she said that I would need to "work the skin" to get it to finish detaching from the lip of the head. But this makes DS cry (he has even told me to take a time-out for hurting him) . This morning it was not only read, but there was this little hard white "seed" where the skin goes from being attached to not attached. When I wipes at it, it came off (I didn't wipe hard) and it looked RAW under it. His skin still pretty much covers the head and was swollen & almost purple. I put some triple anti-biotic ointment on it because I am so afraid of it getting infected but I don't know what else to do or what is causeing this. Any advice is greatly appreciated. TIA

***UPDATE***
I called the dr yesterday afternoon, she instructed me to check his body for any bug bites and give him some benadryl if I found any and call back if the swelling didn't go down after that. When I got him home I found an ant bite on his ankle, gave him the benadryl and within an hour all the swelling around his penis was gone and this morning his penis looked just fine. I would have never figured an ant bite on his ankle was the cause, go figure he is allergic to ants.

Advertisement

Last edited by lilmama2dsndd; 06-15-2006 at 10:39 AM. Reason: UPDATED
lilmama2dsndd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:49 AM   #2
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: ? re:circ problem

No flaming from me and if anyone does flame you shame on them.

If it were me, I would see a different dr. maybe your family dr and get a 2nd opinion. Sounds like the ped. didnt offer much advice.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:11 PM   #3
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

so sorry
i would def get a 2nd opinion too
ouchy
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We circ'd our son and the doc didn't take the entire foreskin off so it adhered. The ped said leave it alone, it will work its way back just like an uncirc'd boy. DS also had the white discharge. Just gently wash it. It may be that your soap or dipes are irritating it. DS skin did retract on its own and everything cleared up. Relax momma. Just watch it for awhile. Don't force anything. If whoever did the circ had taken the entire foreskin off you prob wouldn't have these probs. And don't beat yourself up. Circing is a personal choice and you made that choice based on your knowledge/beliefs. Maybe you won't next time. But, we will. DH had nothing but probs being uncirced and our beliefs/knowledge lead us to make that choice.
elioraimmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:17 PM   #5
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

A little neosporin is probably a good idea until you can get him into another doctor
Old 06-14-2006, 12:32 PM   #6
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

for you and your ds.
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #7
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

no advice here other than maybe get a 2nd opinion but lots of
Old 06-14-2006, 01:19 PM   #8
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think it sounds like an irritation problem. Have you switched soaps or detergents recently. Dr's have been going to looser circs because there had been problems with the high tight circ that was popular in my generation. When the men grew up they didn't have enough skin to get an erection leading to painful errections and severely crooked penises. So Dr's went to leaving more skin on in the hopes of solving this dilema because it is really hard to tell by an infant how big the penis will be when the man is fully grown. Did that make sense? Any way that leads to the problem of adhessions. I am sorry you and your son are going through this right now. I would try to treat the other possible causes first. Try letting him soak in clean water and air dry. Run around nakey, and strip your dipes good. If that doesn't help try neosporin and a new dr. There is a steroid cream out there that may help, but you want that to be one of your last resorts. I hope you can find a way to help your ds.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:29 PM   #9
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

this happened to my ds2 b/c of not enough skin being taken, or maybe b/c of a looser one like pp said they're doing? i hadn't heard of that but i guess it makes sense. anyhow it happened to him at 5 months and it WAS getting infected b/c of adhereing inside a wet or dirty dipe. we worked it back and it didn't hurt him at all. we just very gently pulled it a little w/some a&d going on at the time at each diaper change and eventually after about 2 weeks back it came! if it's painful to him though that's much different, and if it's adhered to most of the head of the penis it's much different as well. the white thing you saw comes out from under the skin of an uncircumsized penis all the time, it's actually a good sign b/c it's a sign that his penis is cleaning itself as it should. kinda think of it as in terms of a womans discharge (sorry if that's TMI!).
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:43 PM   #10
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

Re: ? re:circ problem UPDATED

well im so glad to hear that!!!
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote