Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

It would be nice, but I know it's not going to happen...(can I rant here?)

I don't know why it bothers me so sooo much when I see people with hardly any posts and NO feedback posting stuff for sale here. What bothers me even more is when I see that someone has responded and is actually buying stuff from them. I mean I personally know better than to buy from someone with no feedback, and I choose not to buy from anyone with few posts because I like to see that the seller has a vested interest in DS, it makes me feel more comfortable that they won't just take off with my money.

I wish there was some kind of post requirement fo selling stuff, but I know it won't ever happen because it would be way too much trouble to enforce and just be a PITA for the MODS. The feedback thing sucks too because everyone had to start somewhere to get feedback, but I think most people tried to AT LEAST build up some feedback as a buyer or offer some stuff on FFS to get feedback before the expected anyone to buy from them.

IDK I guess this is just a rant but I do see a lot of new members around here that seem to be buying from people with no feedback and it makes me worried.

Advertisement

#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:07 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: It would be nice, but I know it's not going to happen...(can I rant here?)

i worry about buying from people with little and no fb, i like to give newbies the benefit of the doubt that they wont take my money and run, but after an incident recently i will not be buying from anyone with little or no feedback and little to no posts

Last edited by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox; 05-24-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

I know it's kinda scary but don't people have to start somewhere? I know when I first came to DS waaayyy back when I didn't have feedback anywhere and people still were willing to sell to me....I'm thankful that there were people out there that were willing to give me a chance.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygirls View Post
I know it's kinda scary but don't people have to start somewhere? I know when I first came to DS waaayyy back when I didn't have feedback anywhere and people still were willing to sell to me....I'm thankful that there were people out there that were willing to give me a chance.
Sell to you, yeah that's fine, you don't need feedback to BUY a diaper but I think you should have some to be allowed to sell.
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:19 PM   #5
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why do you care?

To each their own. If someone wants to buy from someone with no FB, that's their decision/risk.

The day DS decides to have a minimum requirement for someone to sell here is the day I'm outta here.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:19 PM   #6
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

I would have a lot more fb if people would just leave it for me. I don't get it sometimes They say how happy they are and when I ask for it, the don't leave it and I'm not leaving it for them first. I did that around the holidays and even then, they didn't leave it.
mom2kdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:20 PM   #7
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2madolyn View Post
I would have a lot more fb if people would just leave it for me. I don't get it sometimes They say how happy they are and when I ask for it, the don't leave it and I'm not leaving it for them first. I did that around the holidays and even then, they didn't leave it.
Did you ever think that maybe they are not leaving it for you until you leave it for them and you are not leaving it for them until they leave it for you?
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:22 PM   #8
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Did you ever think that maybe they are not leaving it for you until you leave it for them and you are not leaving it for them until they leave it for you?

yep
mom2kdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #9
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2madolyn View Post
yep
so why not just leave it for them then?
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:26 PM   #10
deb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
And this is why, as a seller, I leave feedback as soon as payment is received.

I can see your point about not wanting to buy from someone with no feedback, but we do all have to start somewhere. I always look at feedback before I buy, and I only buy if I feel comfortable with it. If someone else is willing to buy from someone with no feedback, then that's up to them, I think. I don't factor in post count usually, some people aren't as chatty as others